C5K groups - Please help! :)

Options
Good morning everyone!

Yesterday I started the C5K. My question today is; the groups search option is still not functional, I was wondering if anyone is in an active good c5k group if they could post the link so I can join it?

Would love to get some motivation and support for my journey into this new fresh hell*o i've decided to start on.

Many thanks!

Replies

• DrLauraDVM16
    DrLauraDVM16 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm following this. Today is day 1 of week 2 for me. If nothing else, feel free to friend me. :)
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    guess not many out there lol
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start today, if the storms pass through before I get off work. Feel free to friend me! I'm training for a Hard Cider run at the end of August (yes I'll run for booze, haha)
  • macacialli1981
    macacialli1981 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hooray for C25k! I've used this program for years, each spring to get back on track after staying inside through the winters. I loved it. Now I use a program called 10k for Pink - it's an app for iPhone (and maybe other phones? I'm not very tech-y). It's based on the same interval idea. I highly recommend it if and when you decide to start running longer distances. I'm so excited for you guys. I'm up running almost three miles without stopping thanks to programs like that. My advice? Stick with the program and don't do more than recommended. You're body will thank you later for getting into this slowly. Happy Monday! You can do this!
  • majigurl
    Options
    it's insanely hard! omg!! lol I'm really struggling
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2, week 3. But we're already friends :smile: And yes it's HIDEOUS at first! I started and quit so many times in week 2.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »
    guess not many out there lol

There's lots, trust me. I just "graduated" from it :)
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you're feeling like C25K is tough, try slowing down the running portions. It's not how fast you're going that will help you build up to the longer distances, but the 'motion' of running. When I first started (last year), I did the run portions just slightly faster than a walk (I felt like a snail). Now, a year later, I'm running 8 miles and more at a time at a much faster pace. You guys are awesome, and you CAN do this. :flowerforyou:
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I just did Week 4, Day 1 yesterday. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm also on fitbit: www.fitbit.com/user/2FZ56N
  • kbaker001
    kbaker001 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 6. I found the first week tough (my legs were very sore) but then my legs got used to it. Good luck.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • majigurl
    Options
    did day 2 week 1 yesterday.. tomorrow is day 3 week 1. It's HARD! but I'm keeping up. I slowed my pace just a bit. IT was more comfortable and I wasn't in tears in pain that night. That was a big plus! I had to take a few days off because I over did it going 6.4 running! It should really come with a warning on around how fast you should be going. lol

You guys are doing so amazingly!!!! great job!!! I'm so impressed!!!

• majigurl
    Options
    I just did Week 4, Day 1 yesterday. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm also on fitbit: www.fitbit.com/user/2FZ56N

added you :)

• majigurl
    Options
    davis_em wrote: »
    If you're feeling like C25K is tough, try slowing down the running portions. It's not how fast you're going that will help you build up to the longer distances, but the 'motion' of running. When I first started (last year), I did the run portions just slightly faster than a walk (I felt like a snail). Now, a year later, I'm running 8 miles and more at a time at a much faster pace. You guys are awesome, and you CAN do this. :flowerforyou:

I did this last night :) it has helped a lot! I didn't HATE it as much. I still found it hard and it was rough but I didn't get off saying I was never doing that again lol

Thank you for the advice! :wink: