Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,722 Member
    Options
    Is it 23?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Didn't one of my clients discover (and share with me) a few years ago that we share the exact same birthday (month, day, and year) when he was booking an airline ticket for me?
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,112 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Do you know the mathematical number of people needed in a room to have even odds that two people share a birthday?

Does that number change when the discussion is a thread on a forum instead of in a room?
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,112 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Didn't one of my clients discover (and share with me) a few years ago that we share the exact same birthday (month, day, and year) when he was booking an airline ticket for me?

Does this mean you must have been in a rather large room with a ton of people including your client for this to have happened?

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Is it 23?

Doesn't that look right, though it's been a long time since I computed those odds for myself?
    Now, how about the probability of at least two people in a group of n people having February 29th as their birthday? 😂

• cmsienk
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »

Does this mean you must have been in a rather large room with a ton of people including your client for this to have happened?
    Do you think that's the only way it could have happened?
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have 2 birthdays?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,987 Member
    Options
    Are you a twin?!

aren't I fortunate that I am not and that my brother's April 1st birthday is not shared by me?
  • cmsienk
    edited March 29
    Options
    Would you all believe me if I say MY birthday is April 1st???
    So, was this just an early April Fool's Day gag?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,008 Member
    Options
    My great aunt's birthday was Feb 29, do you know how much grief she got about it growing up? Did we not all have a good laugh celebrating her "21st birthday" at age 84 with her "first legal" beer?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Do you think some women are able to choose, up to a point, the day they give birth?
    Don't I think this because I have three siblings and wasn't my sister, the eldest, born only 3 days after our mother's birthday, then my older brother was born 18 days prior to our father's birthday, and after those practice runs 😂, wasn't my mother in total control, giving birth to me on her sister's birthday, and giving birth to my younger brother on our father's birthday?

I wonder, what percentage of women would prefer to give birth on another family member's birthday vs giving birth on a day not already taken? 🤔
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    What about a woman who gave birth on Christmas Day? What kind of timing is that? 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • paperpudding
    Options
    Is not choosing the day you give birth (or at least choosing between a couple of options) reasonably common with elective caesarians?

• cmsienk
    Options
    But didn't I just find an article wherein "...it is estimated that 2.5% of all births in the United States are cesarean delivery on maternal request."? Wouldn't you agree that's a pretty small percentage?
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Is choosing the day an option? Doesn't the Doctor always decide?
  • paperpudding
    Options
    But didn't I just find an article wherein "...it is estimated that 2.5% of all births in the United States are cesarean delivery on maternal request."? Wouldn't you agree that's a pretty small percentage?

isnt that a tad misleading?

Isnt maternal request different to medical recomendation?

• paperpudding
    Options
    Is choosing the day an option? Doesn't the Doctor always decide?

didn't my sister get offerred 2 dates and she chose Wed 11th?

Isn't that a better choice than Friday 13th?
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    He planned a Friday the 13th!?:D
    Do you think I had a 10lb baby because the Dr. was a month off scheduling my cesarean?
  • cmsienk
    edited March 30
    Options
    Is not choosing the day you give birth (or at least choosing between a couple of options) reasonably common with elective caesarians?

isnt that a tad misleading?

Isnt maternal request different to medical recomendation?
    Aren't you the one who brought up elective cesareans? Wasn't my question in response to how common you thought that was? Is that not what you meant?
    From a Healthline article: Should you schedule an elective C-section?
    A scheduled surgery for nonmedical reasons is called an elective cesarean delivery, and your doctor may allow this option. Some women prefer to deliver by surgery because it gives them more control in deciding when their baby is born. It can also reduce some anxiety of waiting for labor to start.
  • paperpudding
    Options
    Doesn't this come under language differences? Isn't that article written for Americans?

In Australia an elective caesarian simply means a planned one, not one done for non medical reasons - as opposed to an emergency caesarian ie one done after a problem occurs during labour - so ,no, just on maternal request isn't what I meant.. Does that clarify it for you?