1760cals too low to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• wanttobefit300
    wanttobefit300 Posts: 157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    With 13-15% body fat, why are you trying to lose? Are you a professional body builder or something?
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    By the way - you should not try to lose every ounce of fat. Like everything else, the body needs some to work right.

Explained in the bottom half of this page.
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/why-your-body-needs-some-fat-to-be-healthy.html

According to this,
    http://www.shapeup.org/bfl/basics1.html
    a healthy range for men up thru age 39 is 8 to 16 percent.
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to learn how calories + exercise compared to the gizmos. I just realized you don't even have to put in the menu - punching in the exercise you did should give you the total calories to reach your goal.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    OP...
    Inches are a pain in the *kitten*. I am used to cm growing up in Sweden. It makes much more sense and easier to learn.
    5.64 is not the same as 5 feet 64 Inches. It just means 5.64 feet. You have to convert the inches to feet too.
    But be happy you are taller than 5'6".

A pain for you. For those of us that grew up in the US inches are simple.

You wanna be British ...we get the joy of feet, inches for height, metres, centimetres and miles on the roads and in our cars

Oh and kilos in the gym as well as stones and pounds on the weighing scales and grammes and kg in food

lol...

the whole world should just go metric.
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    There are only 3 countries in the world that aren't officially metric......
  • luiscmartins
    luiscmartins Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Please link a converter that says 172 cm is 5 feet and 64 inches!

172 cm = 67.7165 Inches to be exact. lol
    67 inches = 171.999 cm
    OP...
    Inches are a pain in the *kitten*. I am used to cm growing up in Sweden. It makes much more sense and easier to learn.
    5.64 is not the same as 5 feet 64 Inches. It just means 5.64 feet. You have to convert the inches to feet too.
    But be happy you are taller than 5'6".
    Yes. The converters say it's 5,64, which is very different than 5'6''. Unfortunately, I only realized that now after all those years lol.
    Just disappointed this topic is now an argument of metric vs imperial systems lol.

With 13-15% body fat, why are you trying to lose? Are you a professional body builder or something?
    Same reason everyone with my bf% wants to loose fat:
    I want to be able to see my abs the very least. Optimum goal is to get ripped.

Day 3 of cutting cycle. Feeling good so far!