new running shoes

Options
Nerdyguy
Nerdyguy Posts: 14 Member
So im a recent C25K graduate and up to this point Ive always just went to the nearest big box store and bought the first pair of shoes that felt good in my price range.. I'm wanting to get serious about this whole running thing so I went to an actual Running store .. did the whole gait analysis and fitting stuff.. They put me into a pair of Mizuno Enigma Wave running shoes.. Other than cleats I have no prior experience with Mizuno shoes.. Id love to get some other peoples experiences

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 pairs of wave creation in the past. I just switched to wave inspire last year. Wave creation is heavier than the inspire, the inspire is a light stability shoe. I have 2 pair now that I rotate. They seem to hold up well, I had over 500 miles on my last pair of Creations.
  • Nerdyguy
    Options
    Im just learning about the whole "support" aspect of running shoes.. the guy told me these were a "neutral" shoe ..for whatever THATS worth LOL
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Mizunos tend to be stiffer than other brands because of the way they are constructed. They also, as a brand, run narrow.

The runners I know are either very dedicated Mizuno fans, or won't even let them on their feet. :) I hope they work out for you!
  • Nerdyguy
    Options
    I really wouldn't know difference at this point in the game.. is there any advantage to a stiffer shoe?
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I loooooooove mine! I have a super narrow heel and they cup my heel and prevent rub and also have a wide toe box so no pinched toes or arches. Finally my feet don't hurt after my two miles.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of the wave riders... I love them. They really hold up and are very comfortable.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Asics Nimbus works for me now.

But when I was a kid a new pair of PF Flyers made me run like the wind blows!!!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    How well the Mizuno works on other folk's feet will have no bearing on how well they work for you. The general tendencies are interesting to hear, but if someone hates theirs, don't worry about it.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Basically- if the running shop placed them then they should be good. The place I go has a no questions asked 30 day return policy. So you should put a few miles on em and see how they go.
  • Nerdyguy
    Options
    ran 2 miles in the new shoes over the weekend.. Definitely $$ well spent .. even out of the box .. I could tell a night and day difference
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    How well the Mizuno works on other folk's feet will have no bearing on how well they work for you. The general tendencies are interesting to hear, but if someone hates theirs, don't worry about it.

Fully agree. They need to fit YOU and what other people like is irrelevant.

Just keep in mind, you shoes only have a limited life expectancy, some say 600-800 km. Also over time, you might want to get a second pair or some different trainers to alternate. Every shoe is different and it trains different muscles in your feet. I rotate through different pairs and so far this has been beneficial for me.
    Stef.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I agree with what Stef said, but also want to add (you may already know this, but many people don't) that your running shoes should only be used for running. If you wear them for everyday use, they will wear differently and it may effect the support structure of the shoe. It will also decrease their life expectancy. Hope you enjoy them!