Fitness apps

genearnold
genearnold Posts: 3 Member
So there is this app and all the map my "x" apps. Do I need accounts for all them cuz they all seem the same? Do I have to pay for an account on each to get full functionally? I'm trying to narrow down my apps to just what I need and get focus on my weight loss goals and not apps.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hi:
    I only use My Fitness Pal (MFP) app. It works for me.
    If you need to lose body weight, you have to eat at a deficit (calories burned > calories ingested).
    MFP tool helps with food logging and the calories ingested.
    You are correct that you have to focus on your weight loss journey. Apps are just tools.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2015
    genearnold wrote: »
    So there is this app and all the map my "x" apps. Do I need accounts for all them cuz they all seem the same? Do I have to pay for an account on each to get full functionally? I'm trying to narrow down my apps to just what I need and get focus on my weight loss goals and not apps.

If your talking the under armour apps, they are all connected. The membership service is called MVP for all of them, so I think it would. Another thing if I log into the website versions of mapmyrun and mapmywalk, all my logged workouts/synced devices/etc are showing in both. I've only ever used mapmyrun and before today, had never tried logging into mapmywalk. However the websites look pretty much the same. 2 main differences are the color (run = blue, walk = purple) and the logo in the top left hand corner. The mapmyfitness app (just downloaded) is the same way and looks identical to the mapmyrun app. They all feature the ability to log different workout types, so you probably only need one of the apps anyway.
  • genearnold
    genearnold Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you both for this info. Right now I'm only using MFP, Map My Ride and the fit bit app. I think I'll just be sticking to these.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I only use MFP and Fitbit. Don't see much need for any more than that. Especially if they all do essentially the same thing. Having 6 hammers in my toolbox won't make putting up a picture any easier or faster. Mostly I would just waste time trying to decide which one to use.