Vitamins

Options
Colliex3
Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
I need to start taken Daily Vitamins, but im not sure whats the best to take. I've talked to my PCP and they told me that whatever daily's you take are good for you. Now I know Daily's are a multi, but they dont have everything.. So my question is : What's the average Daily Vitamins one should take? (Im not asking how many that of course is common sense).

I want to have more energy and just feel overall alittle bit better, which I know having all the right amounts of vitamins can do.

Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• littlebrownbat3
    littlebrownbat3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you are healthy, a multi should be just fine for you. If you are on medications, look at what kind of deficiencies are normal side effects, and supplement with those. Your body is fantastic at harvesting vitamins, and receptors often shut down when they are sufficient. The vast majority of vitamin molecules you take in as supplements just get peed out. That said, because I'm on certain medications I supplement with B6, B12, D, and magnesium (mineral, not vitamin, but still good). Since supplementing I've noticed a difference. Not drastic, mind you, but enough that I noticed.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition's vitamins for women. http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=OP-1022
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Any one a day vitamin from the grocery store or health store will do. I take one I got from vitamin shoppe specifically for vegetarians because it's easy for me to miss out on certain nutrients by not eating meat. Just cover your eyes and pick one at random, it really doesn't matter.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Any one a day vitamin from the grocery store or health store will do. I take one I got from vitamin shoppe specifically for vegetarians because it's easy for me to miss out on certain nutrients by not eating meat. Just cover your eyes and pick one at random, it really doesn't matter.

Actually it does matter. So many vitamins are packed with "extras", like mega doses of B12. Many "active" vitamins are packed with caffeine.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options

Actually it does matter. So many vitamins are packed with "extras", like mega doses of B12. Many "active" vitamins are packed with caffeine.
    The extra stuff gets peed out.