GREEN TEA

Options
When drank with a healthy balanced diet does anyone find green tea helps them lose weight?

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Nope.

And I find it disgusting.
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No. How could it?
  • 11Adams11wife11
    11Adams11wife11 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    No. How could it?

I have no idea... That's why I was asking. A few people I know swear by it. I tried it yesterday and today but I don't want to put myself through it again haha :-D

Thanks for all the replies :-)
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Essentially, it is just flavoured water. Tea is good for helping 'fill you up', in the same way that drinking water always does which can help with weight loss, but as far as the green tea itself burning fat....nope!
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    So much green tea hate on these boards. No, it won't help you burn belly fat like some websites claim, but it tastes delicious.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    No. How could it?

I have no idea... That's why I was asking. A few people I know swear by it. I tried it yesterday and today but I don't want to put myself through it again haha :-D

Haha, as far as I know, it's useless for weight loss, and you should especially avoid it if you don't like it!

One thing I decided at the very beginning of my weight loss journey was that I wasn't going to eat anything I didn't like, and I wasn't going to give up anything I did!

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it don't drink it. It is good for you but it does not make you loose weight. I love it. Some extra strong gunpowder green tea. Mmmmmmmm
  • 11Adams11wife11
    Options
    No. How could it?

Haha, as far as I know, it's useless for weight loss, and you should especially avoid it if you don't like it!

One thing I decided at the very beginning of my weight loss journey was that I wasn't going to eat anything I didn't like, and I wasn't going to give up anything I did!

That's a really good way to look at it. Thank you :-)
  • zoe894
    zoe894 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've seen some articles say that drinking green tea can have a positive impact on your metabolism, but I don't know that the sources are reputable. I drink green tea for the antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties.
  • taentea
    taentea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Green, white, oolong, pu-erh tears help me to lose weight because they make me busy and fill me with liquid. Some of those teas also help mental clarity and increase my energy levels in a way somewhat similar to coffee's but milder and more prolonged. This doesn't harm weight loss either.

I have no idea if it affects WL in a more direct manner but I know I would not drink it for this reason alone. I happen to love it. If you don't, I'd say stay away as it wouldn't make that much of a difference anyway.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Man so much green tea hate lol. I drink about 4 cups a day. Besides that I only drink water. But no, it doesn't do anything for weight loss. Just tastes great!
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    When drank with a healthy balanced diet does anyone find green tea helps them lose weight?
    I just bought some Matcha tea, and there is research that says it helps burn peripheral fat!
    http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1040.full

Plus it tastes awesome and is good for stress(theanine), presuming the caffeine is not an issue for you.
  • 11Adams11wife11
    Options
    This app is so brilliant!! I'm so glad I can interact with others and get advice because I'm clueless!!

Thank you everyone :-)
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love green tea! I've been drinking a few cups every other day for years. However, other than filling me up I haven't noticed it do anything. Like someone else said, it's essentially flavored water.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I just bought some Matcha tea, and there is research that says it helps burn peripheral fat!
    http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1040.full

Plus it tastes awesome and is good for stress(theanine), presuming the caffeine is not an issue for you.

It's less than 100 calories.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    taentea wrote: »
    Some of those teas also help mental clarity and increase my energy levels in a way somewhat similar to coffee's but milder and more prolonged. /quote]

Green tea can be high in caffine- so tea/coffee- whatever. It's the caffine.
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't like green tea as a drink. I used the supplement variety and don't think it really made any difference what so ever. On a side note, I like to use matcha powder (an extract from green tea). It is high in anti-oxidants and has other heart health benefits. Prepared properly it can be low in calories and tastes much better than the actual tea (my personal opinion).
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people don't understand some people just not liking something.

If someone posted a thread titled: BEETS!

And people posted whether or not they loved or hated them, would anyone be surprised? Of course not.

Palates vary.

Green tea isn't magic, and you either like the flavor or don't.

I hate it. Hooray for those who don't. You have another source of caffeine available to you.
  • fleabag155
    fleabag155 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does Green tea count towards your water intake for the day? It is mainly water and has virtually no calories......
    Just wondering as I much prefer green tea to water!!!!!!!