Need Advice on Sedentary or Lightly Active

Options
Good Morning,

M-F I have a desk job, pretty much sedentary

Yesterday, I cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more, obviously not all day ~ didn't really break a sweat, but definitely wasn't sitting as I do at work....So my question is this.....

Do I change my settings on days like this to "lightly active" or log as exercise? Changing only gives me an extra 200 calories so not sure if it matters too much which way I go ~ advice?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'd log it as extra rather than change activity levels.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'd consider it a bonus and not log it at all. Some days you are more active, some days you are less. It averages out.
    I would only change the setting if this was going to be a permanent change in activity level, like changing jobs to a more active one.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I'd consider it a bonus and not log it at all. Some days you are more active, some days you are less. It averages out.
    I would only change the setting if this was going to be a permanent change in activity level, like changing jobs to a more active one.

This. Think long term. Changing settings every few days is just a waste time. Track your loss, is it to it like it should, adjust from there. Oh, and those 200 calories, are the extra on top of what your would have normally burned in that time period or a move from 80-100 (normal) to 200 more active? Just be careful to not overestimate burns.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    What 3dogs said , its not significant enough to log or change. Your body knows how much and gets 100% of the advantage, so dont worry. the danger you are seeking to avoid is eating calories you have not burned.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will just leave well enough alone :)