Breakfast options?

Options
caitieemae
caitieemae Posts: 25 Member
hi guys, I'm here to find out what you eat for breakfast! I have eggs nearly every morning. I'm not complaining because I love my eggs and I try to spice them up in healthier ways but I'm sure there has to be a bunch of alternative healthy breakfasts. Let me know!

Replies

• sophiesianadair
    sophiesianadair Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have started eating crispbreads with extra light cream cheese. And it's only 202 calories for 2 cripbreads ( from Aldi, i get the Chai & Oats) and 1 tbsp of extra light philadelphia :) and it's yummy x
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with granola and chia and flax seeds
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What you like... Nothing to everything. If you want to eat breakfast (I personally dont) try to get out of the idea that you need to eat "breakfast" food. It broadens your options!
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    nonfat greek yogurt with strawberries and nature valley protein granola- fast, easy and pretty easy on the macros

I also like egg whites with spinach and tomatoes on a whole wheat bagel thin - sometimes with a slice of cheddar or pepper jack if I have time to cook.

Or oatmeal

As for the getting away from "breakfast foods" - I like them - but my son, not so much - his favorite breakfast is leftover cheese burgers.
  • EatNdance
    EatNdance Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I eat an overnight oatmeal for breakfast.. 543 calories with 9,3g Fiber and 23.1 Protein
    50g oatmeal
    10g chia seeds
    30g dried cranberries
    150g plain yoghurt
    200ml lactose free milk or normal milk

Mix it all in a glass container and refrigerate overnight. <3
  • LuanaBean
    LuanaBean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I make a banana smoothie with almond milk, banana and a splash of pure vanilla flavoring.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Eggs in lots of ways

huevos rancheros is great

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I also lots of other foods at breakfast

Ie grilled meats, Fish, Soups, Corned beef, Pasta, goulash, stuffed veggies

Dont know who came up with bacon and eggs or cereal for breakfast... Booring

Give me a dinner meal for breakky any day

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I eat a Quest bar. I can't be bothered in the morning. I'm out of bed and out of the apartment in about 20 minutes. Plus I love Quest bars and starting my day off with a good 20 grams of protein.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat anything at breakfast, not just "normal" breakfast foods.
  • Popsicle_Feet
    Popsicle_Feet Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like one toast with a fried egg on top and a pinch of cheddar cheese. Easy and fast!
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    -3 egg whites, two slices of toast with jelly, a banana and coffee! YUM!
    -Oatmeal with apples and peanut butter!
    -Vegan pancakes with jam!
    -Fruit, oatmeal and protein smoothie!
    !!!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I don't cook in the morning, so I make quiche and split it into portions so I can grab a wedge and microwave it.
  • Zed_cob
    Zed_cob Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    smoothie plus boiled egg ~ 400 cal
    oatmeal, 1 egg, 1 whole grain toast ~ 450 cal

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    i usually have scrambled eggs and black beans smothered with some good NM green chiles during the week.
  • Zed_cob
    Zed_cob Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    i usually have scrambled eggs and black beans smothered with some good NM green chiles during the week.

That sounds good. I'm will have to give that a try. Thanks.

• icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1 egg + 2 egg whites, 3 chopped up mini peppers, any other veggie you have/want, all scrambled together then topped with sharp cheddar cheese, served with a side of salsa and light sour cream. YUM :)