Is food addiction a thing?

Options
13»

Replies

• AnnR999
    AnnR999 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Kelly, I just to plan vacations around how far we had to drive in a day to get to a major city so there would be good places for food! <sigh>
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Do you believe that there is such thing as food addiction? Like smoking? To be honest, I do believe it..

Here's a sample of questions that I found on a website. Apparently you can even get treatment for this type of thing and it is taken pretty seriously.

-End up eating more than planned when you start eating certain foods

-Keep eating certain foods even if you're no longer hungry

-Eat to the point of feeling ill

-Worry about not eating certain types of foods or worry about cutting down on certain types of foods

-When certain foods aren't available, go out of your way to obtain them

-You eat certain foods so often or in such large amounts that you start eating food instead of working, spending time with the family, or doing recreational activities.

-You avoid professional or social situations where certain foods are available because of fear of overeating.

-You have problems functioning effectively at your job or school because of food and eating.

What's your opinion on this?

My opinion is DUH! :) yea, Im addicted to anything I like usually...there are several programs for that TOO! :P
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    I don't believe it's as much as an addiction as it is people eat the wrong things which cause them to be hungrier.

I also think it's a refusal to change, and/or general laziness.

Agree with the first part. But I don't think laziness is a factor. That's a typical stereotype attributed to fat people and its kinda mean :(
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    YES

I am addicted to food, I swear I eat as if the planet is going to end tomorrow, I always think I am going to starve hahahaha

I love food!!!!!