fruits as snack

Options
salmaelbardissy
salmaelbardissy Posts: 19 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I like eating fruits but i dont know if i ate fruits as a snack will it ruin my diet as i want to lose 1 kilo per week

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Not unless you're eating so much fruit that you're going over your maintenance calories.

A fruit here or there isn't a terrible snack.

Today I'm having pineapple, a peach, and some grapes. Still under my calorie goal.
  • daniyelle_
    daniyelle_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eat at or under the calorie goal that you've been given and you will lose weight regardless of what type of foods you consume. Fruit is delicious! I eat atleast 4-5 different fruits a day and have managed to lose nearly 50lbs (3st 7lb I think) - so don't be afraid :)
  • MulliganStella
    MulliganStella Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fruit as a snack is a healthy choice, but all things in moderation. If you eat some non-fat yogurt with mixed berries, that's a GREAT choice. If you factor in those calories within your daily plan, then of course you can have it. It's all a matter of getting the best filling/nutritional bang for your calorie buck.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Fruit won't make you fat, over eating will.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat the fruit if you like it. It is hard to lose one kilogram (2.2 pounds) a week when you do not have much to lose.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Not unless you're eating so much fruit that you're going over your maintenance calories.

A fruit here or there isn't a terrible snack.

Today I'm having pineapple, a peach, and some grapes. Still under my calorie goal.

I've got a nice pineapple and a mango at home waiting to be sliced up. Looking forward to that for sure.

I know, right? I got some already cored fresh pineapple on Monday and sliced it up today. So good.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My house is pretty much always stocked with Mangos, bannans, Apples, Cherries, Blueberries, and nectarines in the summer. Add the mangos, blueberries, bananas and nectarines to some greek yogurt, top that off with maple syrup and vanilla extract and you have yourself an awesome snack.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Fruit is fine as long as it fits in your calorie budget.

Unless you're very obese, however, a kilo a week is an extremely aggressive target and you're probably have a very low target calorie level. A more modest weight loss goal will give you more calories to work with and you can more easily fit in fruit and other foods.
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    My refrigerator is pretty much always stocked with Mangos, bannans, Apples, Cherries, Blueberries, and nectarines in the summer. Add the mangos, blueberries, bananas and nectarines to some greek yogurt, top that off with maple syrup and vanilla extract and you have yourself an awesome snack.

Every one on that list are top of my list. Except blueberries, not a fan at all. I actually just got a text say "Pick up some blueberries also". You don't want to know what my reply was.

Lol. I feel you, I actually hate blueberries when they're cooked, love them raw.
  • salmaelbardissy
    salmaelbardissy Posts: 19 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Omg this soo amazing
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    My refrigerator is pretty much always stocked with Mangos, bannans, Apples, Cherries, Blueberries, and nectarines in the summer. Add the mangos, blueberries, bananas and nectarines to some greek yogurt, top that off with maple syrup and vanilla extract and you have yourself an awesome snack.

Every one on that list are top of my list. Except blueberries, not a fan at all. I actually just got a text say "Pick up some blueberries also". You don't want to know what my reply was.

Lol. I feel you, I actually hate blueberries when they're cooked, love them raw.

I can only eat them in things like Blueberry Muffins. Other than that... gag.
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    As long as u eat them in moderation and stay within your calorie deficit you will be fine. My fruit a day usually consists of 1 cup of watermelon for one of my snacks, and 4 strawberries with half a banana. Or I'll change it up and have 1 green apple for one snack and 8 strawberries for another snack. Very low in calories, but I'm on a 1800 calorie plan. A cup of blueberries is an option too, although I found they go bad too fast when just eating them as a snack throughout the week. I like fruits that will stay good for the week since I meal prep every Sunday :)
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Eat them. Don't deprive yourself of vital micros and macros. Calorie deficits = deprivation - not healthy.
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    Yes!!! Eat them. Don't deprive yourself of vital micros and macros. Calorie deficits = deprivation - not healthy.

What's not healthy about being in a calorie deficit?
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    ^^^ LOL!