Mindless eating

Options
2»

Replies

• pedrozamatt
    pedrozamatt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hattie419 wrote: »
    I always eat at social events whatever I want as a 'giving myself a break' from being healthy, but when there's so many occasions and birthdays etc. when this happens it's pretty much not a diet anymore and just bad eating haha, I need to not let myself loose like once or twice a week! It's too much, does anyone else do this?!
    Wifelover wrote: »
    Has anyone found a way not to snack in the evening? I am fine in the morning with fruit or eggs or anything else healthy. Through lunch and dinner it is much the same. Minimal snacking and almost no sugar intake. By 9:30pm i find myself eating whatever i can, be it ice cream or the GIANT freakin bag of m&m's from costco. If anyone has found a way to beat this please tell me!!!

I allow myself 16 animal crackers for dessert. That seems to work for me. Plus during the day my in-between meals consists of something with carbs, like a slice of wheat bread, or a baked, sweet, or russet potato, or rice, or somthing. That helps keep my cravings down later in the day.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Wifelover wrote: »
    Has anyone found a way not to snack in the evening? I am fine in the morning with fruit or eggs or anything else healthy. Through lunch and dinner it is much the same. Minimal snacking and almost no sugar intake. By 9:30pm i find myself eating whatever i can, be it ice cream or the GIANT freakin bag of m&m's from costco. If anyone has found a way to beat this please tell me!!!

OMG, I know this SO very well. some things I've found that help: brushing and flossing my teeth soon after dinner (i'm too lazy to want to do it again). if that doesn't work, chewing mint gum. i like to drink a LOT of water, but as it gets closer to bedtime, i'm afraid of the need to wake up to pee ;) if my hubby is enjoying a "drink", sometimes i make a "faux-tini" out of stevia, flavored extract and seltzer water over crushed ice. (i stole the idea from the folks at "whole 30")
    that's all i've got.