Which will assist weight loss more?

I'm wondering which will assist weight loss more: the Jilian Michaels 30 day shred DVD or doing low intensity cardio for fat burn for 30-40 mins.
I would do either each day.
opinions on which is best?

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Accurately weighing and measuring your food will be your best bet for weight loss. You can exercise all you want, but if you're overeating then you won't lose. The saying I hear often goes something like "diet is for weight loss, exercise is for health".
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    neither..

you just need a calorie deficit.

If I had a choice for health and fitness (because that is what exercise is about) I would do cardio one day and dvd the next.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    neither..

If I had a choice for health and fitness (because that is what exercise is about) I would do cardio one day and dvd the next.

This
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Accurately weighing and measuring your food will be your best bet for weight loss. You can exercise all you want, but if you're overeating then you won't lose. The saying I hear often goes something like "diet is for weight loss, exercise is for health".
    THIS. Any physical activity can help create a calorie deficit, but if you aren't in calorie deficit, there is no workout that will help with weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    neither..

This