Last supper! Is it just me?

Options
so completely gone off the bandwagon and as its Sunday I'm like why not order a takeaway order as much as possible as this will be the last meal!
Monday tomorrow! Is it just me?

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    So what happens tomorrow? A detox cleanse?

Everything in moderation.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Why not gorge? Is that the question?
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Your last meal? You can have take out and still lose weight. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If you opened a carton of eggs and one fell out and broke, would you throw the rest of them on the floor?
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    so completely gone off the bandwagon and as its Sunday I'm like why not order a takeaway order as much as possible as this will be the last meal!
    Monday tomorrow! Is it just me?

Dumb idea. What you are saying is dig the hole deeper that you need to climb out of later. So you made a bad choice- or several. Make the next right choice.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    For example I didn't plan to, but I caved and had a cinnamon roll this morning after I ate my planned breakfast. So it lunch I had soup and salad so my calories for the day are only about 100 over plan now.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    D_squareG wrote: »
    If you opened a carton of eggs and one fell out and broke, would you throw the rest of them on the floor?

I love this analogy, and all its variations:

~if you had one flat tire, would you slash the other three?

~if you tripped and stumbled down one step, would you throw yourself down the entire flight of stairs?

The visuals always make me laugh.

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Don't worry OP, i know this feeling. I love food. I have some 'bingeful' habits. There have been many Sundays where i have gone 'you know what, screw this; i've had a bad week, i'll start again tomorrow, where i shall be super good and so i should eat ALL OF THE FOOD NOW WHILST I CAN!'

Unfortunately i can also eat so many calories when i get into that 'Sunday binge' i can gain any weight that i would have lost that week, plus some. The odd day is fine, but if you are doing it every Sunday then you will find you just get into a cycle of not actually losing anything week by week.

Also, as others have said, it doesn't mean you have to cut everything out of your diet! This was one of my downfalls when i originally started. So, enjoy today but don't make a habit out of it, and try to make it a lifestyle change which you will be able to sustain, and incorporates those foods you love into your daily/weekly calorie intake.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    For example I didn't plan to, but I caved and had a cinnamon roll this morning after I ate my planned breakfast. So it lunch I had soup and salad so my calories for the day are only about 100 over plan now.

Sounds like an extremely tiny dent in your weekly deficit. This is how you do takeout, office birthday cakes, and other unexpected food events.
  • allenpriest
    Options

Sounds like an extremely tiny dent in your weekly deficit. This is how you do takeout, office birthday cakes, and other unexpected food events.

Yes indeed. But if it were two years ago I would have said the heckler with it and had a 1500 calorie lunch because I had " blown it for the day". Next right choice! !!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This kind of thinking is what a lot of people point to as "wrong" when people say you shouldn't try to be moderate.

The whole idea of ... well, this will be my last chance ever, might as well go for the gusto.

No OP. You went overboard, log it, and go back to plan. Don't continue to go overboard.

Next time, plan for an indulgence by budgeting for it and don't forbid yourself the things you love.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Bad choice. I've done it plenty of times
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I do that too, but it's just a terrible idea.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    It's not just you, it is a fairly common either/or mental trap to get into, especially so if being on plan means a lot of unnecessary suffering via over restriction. Who wouldn't want to stuff their face with take-out when the alternative is needless suffering?

Your calorie intake seems very low if your logging is correct. Is it necessary to have such a low calorie intake for you to lose weight?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Is it just you? No, but it also isn't wise. The best time to start doing stuff right is right now, not tomorrow.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I used to have that same mindset and it was the worst thing I've ever done to myself.
    I understand where you're coming from, it's so easy to think like that. The problem is, whether or not you're logging everything and being "good," a calorie is still a calorie and your body keeps track of that. Every piece of food you cheat on and put in your mouth to savor the last few moments will be extra calories you'll have to work off once you're "being good" again. I understand you want to enjoy your time not logging and eat everything without worrying, but if you can find the strength to jump right back on track you will save yourself more effort in the long run by needing to undo that much less damage, and you'll reach your goal that much sooner.
    For example, if you gorge on 1,000 calories of chinese takeout tonight just because you want to (which 1,000 calories of chinese is very easy to do and it's likely you're consuming more in your chinese takeout cheat meal), that's at least 2 1/2 days of dieting you'll need to do extra to burn it off, given that you restrict 400 calories a day.
    Or you could be good and not have to diet those 2 1/2 extra days, if that makes sense.

Not only will you be saving yourself time and effort later, but you'll feel better by not completely binging. Your stomach won't be as stretched, you won't retain as much water and feel uncomfortable, not as much insulin will be released and make you feel horrible, etc.

It's so easy to get into that cycle, and once you start it can be very difficult to stop. But it's your body, and if you feel cheat days are the only way for you to reach your goal then go for it - just because it didn't work for me doesn't necessarily mean it won't for you or anyone else. This is just what I've noticed for me personally.

Good luck!
  • baby05phat
    baby05phat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    D_squareG wrote: »

Amazing quote
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yep I've been there. I've done 'oh well, I've already screwed up today so I might as well go nuts' and it's close relative 'I'm going to have Chinese AND ice cream AND a bottle of wine because this is my last chance!'

I've been working really hard to change the mental record so now I say 'One slip up doesn't need to undo all my hard work', 'Indulgent foods can be part of a healthy lifestyle if I make wise choices' and 'I have the rest of my life ahead and I'll have lots of chances to have all of this stuff'. Voila. No need to binge.
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes its not just you lots of people do this...myself included in the past. There are a few things you can do such as
    - if you do get a takeaway log the full amount in your diary so you can look back in a few weeks at the day(s) that you have went over and think what can/could you do different.
    - only eat part of it as the chances are with takeaway if you put everything on the plate you will bin some of it
    - ideally go and make something even if it looks/sounds boring
    - say to yourself I could make a takeaway meal from scratch later in the week