melting pot

Options
fishshark
fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
We are going to melting pot tonight for date night and its going to be my entire days worth of calories.. and that is without dessert. (im full once i get to dessert and id actually prefer two cheese orders over the chocolate) Anyway, so what i am wondering is should i just not eat until tonight and stay hydrated all day? I can make it until dinner.. i think lol! what would you do in this situation?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Well, you can choose to go over on your calories, and just have a good time. Or you can eat less during the day. I would't fast because it's important to hit your protein goal, so I would eat just protein throughout the day. I'm sure you'll get your fill of dietary fat and carbs at dinner.
  • phoenix_2103
    phoenix_2103 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think you should eat your fruit and veg through-out the day because the food there probably isnt gonna be that healthy and i doubt there'll be enough greens. So don't starve until dinner but consider this ur cheat day :D
  • fishshark
    Options
    I think you should eat your fruit and veg through-out the day because the food there probably isnt gonna be that healthy and i doubt there'll be enough greens. So don't starve until dinner but consider this ur cheat day :D

each course has greens and one course is a salad course.. its a pretty balanced meal in my opnion its just a lot of food
  • fishshark
    Options
    Well, you can choose to go over on your calories, and just have a good time. Or you can eat less during the day. I would't fast because it's important to hit your protein goal, so I would eat just protein throughout the day. I'm sure you'll get your fill of dietary fat and carbs at dinner.

i always get the steak lovers and according the website it has 50 grams of protein so with that and the cheese and everyhing else i will actually be pretty good on protien the funny thing is i put it all in my diary and i almost hit my macros on the dot a little under on carbs haha!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I think I would choose a different place to eat.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Why?

• fishshark
    Options

good thing your not my date huh? i will never let "dieting" stop me from enjoying delicious food and a great time with my wonderful husband. i am merely asking if one was in my situation if they would not eat for the day.
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

good thing your not my date huh? i will never let "dieting" stop me from enjoying delicious food and a great time with my wonderful husband. i am merely asking if one was in my situation if they would not eat for the day.

That's the attitude of a successful person right there.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

It's one day, just go over your goal. No big deal. And it's not like you are going to be thousands of calories over anyway.
  • fishshark
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

It's one day, just go over your goal. No big deal. And it's not like you are going to be thousands of calories over anyway.

thats what i figured im just proud of myself for being so good that i kinda feel like a jerk to myself lol
  • fishshark
    Options

i hope that wasnt sarcastic lol my response may have been a bit snarky but i refuse to never go anywhere or eat anything awesome because of dieting.
  • galgenstrick
    Options

i hope that wasnt sarcastic lol my response may have been a bit snarky but i refuse to never go anywhere or eat anything awesome because of dieting.

No sarcasm, I was being serious.
  • fishshark
    Options

No sarcasm, I was being serious.

• MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    OP - I love Melting Pot! I plan for it, and workout heavy the day before. I then just have juice the day that I'm going, and enjoy every course :) I also agree about the cheese course - it's amazing!

Have fun!
  • fishshark
    Options
    OP - I love Melting Pot! I plan for it, and workout heavy the day before. I then just have juice the day that I'm going, and enjoy every course :) I also agree about the cheese course - it's amazing!

Have fun!

thank you! so far thats my plan i took my multi vitamins and have been drinking water and have dinner in two hours so it has been easy! Im so excited sooo much melty cheeeeeeese haha!