Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Scale is discouraging

I am developing a strong aversion to weighing myself. In comparison with my past eating habits I do relatively well on eating healthy and exercising - yet the numbers on my scale won’t budge. I don’t take body measurements; however I do feel my clothing fit looser, (I suppose that’s a good indication that I am doing something right!).

How important is weighing yourself, really? Have I hit a weight loss plateau?

Replies

• bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    As long as you are losing inches, you are doing great! The scale is miserable and not the greatest way to determine success. In getting fit you will burn fat but also build some muscle. I am stuck at the same weight for several weeks now but still losing inches... though I get frustrated at the scale.. I know if I am losing inches, I am losing fat. Keep at it!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Throw away the scale. Take measurements and pictures.
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    body recomposition is where its at
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Some people suggest weighing once a week... i cant wait a week :) but the price of that is daily weight fluctuations :(