Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

i'm new and need encouragement

hi I'm new on here and really need support, I don't know how well I'm going to do but I really want to give it my best shot, slowly but surely and any encouragement will be really appreciated, I would love to hear your stories goals etc.: and hopefully make some new friends who will encourage me and I will do the same back.x:blushing:

Replies

• manders376
    manders376 Posts: 53 Member
    Welcome! I have been on here for a couple weeks now and am loving it so far. Support is great. Feel free to add me.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Hi!
    I am also new - your already on the right track! Feel free to add me and I will be happy to motivate you if you'll do the same for me!!!!
  • holliddd
    holliddd Posts: 28
    Welcome! I have been using mfp for a few years now and love it. It is very helpful to see what you are eating!! Feel free to friend me:) the more encouragement and support the better!
  • Fabfitgirl5
    Fabfitgirl5 Posts: 91 Member
    I will start off by saying don't get discouraged, no matter what you see on the scale. You should keep you ultimate goal in mind and shoot for that everyday. When you are walking or working out just remember where you want to be. I started MFP a while ago and I lost then gained. A large part of why I have not gotten to where I want to be is because of health issues, and partly, to be honest ,me just not eating right. I track everything but I go over my 1500 a day because I eat what I want to eat and that can sometimes put me over. I am getting better but I realize that it is a process and I have to be consistent and determined. My b-day is around the corner and I dropped the unrealistic goal of losing 20 lbs by that date. Instead I say ok, if I can loose 8 in two and a half months I will be doing good and that is what I am shooting for. Now I am gonig to say something really corny, but it is true.
    Your health, your weight loss is a continuous journey. It really is a marathon that you have to run everyday and even when you think you have gotten to the finish line, you have to start all over again and just keep running the same race. However, the more you run your race the healthier you will get, the more you will want to run, the better you will feel and the happier you will be.

Stay in the race and keep your head up, don't let the "bad" days get to you, we all have them.
  • Superwoman79
    Superwoman79 Posts: 61 Member
    Welcome! With a determine mind, a great support system....you will do well. Trust me, you will find great support on this site. Best Wishes on your healthy journey.

Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • i1984
    i1984 Posts: 27
    Please feel free to add me!