Tracy Anderson tell me if this is a good option

Options
I am considering trying Tracy Anderson metamorphosis program. I like at home workouts and generally have good results. (21 day fix, PIYO, body revolution, insanity.. I like them all)

Replies

• mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I did it for a while and really liked it. I'm doing piyo right now and then will probably go back to Tracy Anderson workouts. It's fun.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    no- she's a nit wit. "anything over 3 pounds makes you bulky" kind of nit wit.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Lol!

Nope - not a fan either

Kelly Coffey Meyer is my go to (intermediate for me). Cathe (Friedrich) is very challenging too....many advanced workouts.

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/146.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=146&show=10&page=1

http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/cathe-friedrich
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    Options

But you can get teenie, tiny arms though! I guess we'll just completely forget genetics and the fact that some women don't want to be bird like.
  • Kanthaka
    Kanthaka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got great results from Metamorphosis! It's not what I would call a fun workout. Many people are challenged by the exercises on all fours. Especially people with knee or wrist issues. I have no such issues yet still sometimes modify by doing the all fours portion standing up.
  • kat2e
    kat2e Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love her method but it's not for everyone. Her method is very challenging and different from traditional weightlifting. Low weights high repetition and a focus on mind & body connection. Her workout is about having flow. Check out her Instagram followers #TArealtime and see the different results that come from doing Tracy's method. She has a couple of metamorphosis videos on YouTube that you can try before committing yourself to the program.
  • zouzou15
    zouzou15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tracey Anderson is amazing I did her workouts for a while but couldn't keep up with the food it's too little :/
  • palmettoadventurer
    palmettoadventurer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever tried her workouts but I am really, really not a fan of her ideas on nutrition. So probably don't follow any diet plans that come with the program.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for all the great input. I signed up for a Marathon on a whim so for the next 4 months I'm back to focusing on running and Piyo/squats to prevent running injury. I'll hope to start this program in Mid November.
  • xenyen
    xenyen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Am doing her mat.. hipcentric.. can feel it working
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

But you can get teenie, tiny arms though! I guess we'll just completely forget genetics and the fact that some women don't want to be bird like.

yeah that whole don't pick up something heavier than my purse thing wasn't working for me- hell my cat food and kitty litter are usually 20-40 pounds. I can walk out with both in my hand AND the rest of my groceries.

Also- I like food way to much to eat that little.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Whilst I'm not a huge fan of hers or her marketing I am all about what works for you and makes you happy when it comes to being active.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Whilst I'm not a huge fan of hers or her marketing I am all about what works for you and makes you happy when it comes to being active.

I agree with this. When I search #tracyandersonmethod those body types are not what I aspire to look like but at the same time I understand that not everyone finds someone like DLB appealing either so to each their own. I think the extreme high rep concept would drive me crazy! I would rather do body weight type videos like Insanity.
  • HIITTheChallenge
    HIITTheChallenge Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am doing omnicentric. I have bulky muscles and trying to cut down. All her videos are posted on daily motion for free u can get an app for your phone/ipad or smart tv/dvd player. I am super sore and normally lift heavy. I'm giving it a go.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just dont follow her diet plan, its not great at all. Her workouts are good though, your arms get a good burn and what not. They are free on youtube, just look for them.

I will suggest Post Pregnancy 2 that someone put on YT. Great butt work on that one, dont even have to be pregnant or previously pregnant to get a good workout from that one.

I think that doing them with something cardio based is even better. Her dance cardio is a bit jumpy lol