for those who have lost 40-50 pounds in a year

Options
ok friends ..i started MFP this january with a goal of losing around 30 pounds in 4 months(this is my first goal)...i exercise regularly but i still havent reach my goal ..i am not even close to my goal...my problem has always been calories..i always jumble between eatin more to lose weight (the right way) or the 12oo calorie path...i know the science behind tdee and bmr...so guys plz guide me how did you lose your 30-50 pounds in around 6 months ,what did you do..how much did u eat..this is kind of important for me because i hav decided not to plan second child until i will be at least 165-170.....

Replies

• jamiecrick3582
    jamiecrick3582 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    30 lbs in 4 months is a lot of weight! That's 2.5 lbs a week. I've lost 21 since the beginning of Feb. I started only eating about 1300 calories a day. When I started doing the TDEE way, I really started to lose. I upped my calories to 1500 and eat back exercise calories (which I don't do a lot of). I'm over halfway to my goal of 160 :) Good luck!
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I joined Curves at the end of Feb 2013 and have lost 21 pounds since then. I just recently joined MFP, so the whole wt loss does not show here. I have been doing 1400 calories plus eating back my exercise calories and still losing weight. In fact, I just upped my calories to 1500/week to see if that works better. I have seen many people say 1500 is good for losing weight, esp if you are working out a couple of times a week like I am. Hope that helps.
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i know 30 pounds in 4 month is a lot to ask..but its june already..6th month ...i have recently started 5:2 fasting so on non fasting days i am eating at my maintenance ...also i workout 5 days a week...dont know what is wrong...my sodium is controlled,i drink 100 oz of water..carbs are always under..sometimes i go over sugar but its mainly because of fruits...
  • iwantwow
    Options
    thanks ...i think calories wise i am at similar position as i eat 1800-2000(not eating exercise calories which are 300-400 each day) and u r on 1500 cal+exercise cal....
  • MrsAvent79
    MrsAvent79 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have lost 71 lbs since Jan 1 of this year.

I am excising at least 5 days a week and eat around 1700 calories per day. My big helper tool is the bodymedia device that I use which tells me how many calories I am burning each day. :) If you have any questions about it message me and I can tell you :)

*hug* good luck
  • iwantwow
    Options
    thanks Mrs avent79...i sure need advice ...