Accountability Partner Wanted Keto diet

Options
Happy Sunday!

I would love for any one who is looking for friends on MFP to add me, so feel free to do so but what I am really searching for is one person to get in deeper contact with to support each other with our weight loss goals in the month of June and perhaps continue that relationship if it proves to be mutually beneficial.

I am a 26 year old female living in Orlando FL. I work full time, I enjoy Zumba and yoga and most physical activity. I am 5'3 and started Jan 6th 2015 at 188 lbs and am now 168 lbs. My ultimate goal weight is 136 lbs. My July 3rd goal weight is 153 lbs. April and May I slacked off a lot and after I went to a wedding expo today I feel excited and motivated to kick some *kitten* in June. I am committed to a 30 day challenge.I have found that the keto diet is what works best for me.

Personal 30 day challenge June 2015

*Follow Keto diet
*Zero cheat days
*No alcohol
*Cook 90% of meals
*Exercise 5 days a week
*Lose 15 pounds

If you feel like you have similar goals and would like to spark up a mutually supportive friendship with me please reply or send me a message so we can chat more. I would like to find a female close to my age with similar goals. Best of luck to everyone on their journey to health and fitness!

Replies

• missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I may be interested, can you give me some details on the specifics of the Keto diet you will follow, how many carbs are you aiming for each day, etc
  • ConnorLynne65
    ConnorLynne65 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    20 net carbs or less daily is my personal goal.
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send a friend request :)
  • yonhoho
    yonhoho Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    good luck! keto sounds good!
  • jodienjayden
    jodienjayden Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I follow Atkins and have lost 70 pounds since November 2014. Feel free to add me. Last November I weighed 209. February 2015 I was 186. Today I am 137!!!! I have slipped up some in the past month and eaten bread and pecan pie one day, but you can see in my diary that I always stay low carb.
  • sj_arndt
    sj_arndt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello ConnorLynne65,
    My name is Steph and I'm also looking for a Keto buddy to help myself stay accountable and someone to get in deeper contact with who has the same goals & can help each other. I just feel better on Keto, way more energy, etc.
    I am a 30 year old female living in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I'm also working & going to school full-time and am happily married with a husband and 2 very lazy dogs (Cerberus & Fugly).

I'm really interested in weight-lifting and perfecting my form is very important to me while also getting strong.
    I have currently started the 5x5 workout (3 day/week@4am before work) in an effort to keep it simple for the next couple of months while I build my strength and get my eating on track.
    I heard somewhere that it takes 3 months to develop a new habit pathway in your brain and the old bad habits are always waiting there but they steadily get fainter every time you ignore them. Now I don't know if that's right but I figure that it can't hurt to be super-consistent for 3 months and see where that gets me :smiley:

I am 5'5, started Jan 2015@180lbs and I'm now (after some stops & starts) @ 155lbs.
    My ultimate goal weight is 112lbs @ 12% body fat.
    My July 3rd goal weight would be 139lbs. (I just want to be out of the 140's lol).

I can happily commit to a 30 day challenge for June 2015 following the same goals you outlined.
    I have developed a neat spreadsheet I have been using to track my goals which I can share if you're interested & here is a really neat link that lets you calculate whether or not you are in ketosis without using a blood monitor.
    http://www.flexibleketogenic.com/
    (Although, I do test regularly the ketones in my blood as well).
    I am trying to keep my TOTAL carbs under 20grams as well but aiming for between 10 - 13g.

Please feel free to email me (Arndt@hotmail.ca) & add me as a friend if you're interested and we can chat more about our keto goals :)

Hope to hear from you soon,
    Cheers!
    Steph
  • tcoun
    tcoun Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've been doing Keto for 3 months now and I love it! If you don't mind that I'm only 18, I won't mind being your MFP friend :smile:
  • valgallah
    valgallah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also doing keto (must get better at tracking though) and would love to support in anyway I can! Sending a friend request now.

I'm 25, starting weight was high 180s and now I'm at 183 (just started last week!)
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'2 and doing keto - if nobody minds that I am in my early 40's feel free to add me too - I am friendly :)
  • derekleggett
    derekleggett Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm interested :)... I'm on my second day.
  • nimnil1
    nimnil1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm on my 2nd day!
  • lvseoul
    lvseoul Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello! I was doing keto for a few weeks (probably incorrectly) so I started a keto fast on monday! Add me!
  • pearlyisblue
    pearlyisblue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm on day 3 of Keto diet and LOVE it.
  • chaychay48
    chaychay48 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been eating low carb since April 25 and I have lost 18 lbs so far. Feeling great and I am always looking for new friends with a similar way of eating, feel free to add me!