No Carb Diet Anyone? ??

Options
2»

Replies

• whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm on an all carb diet. My friend Karen suggested we go to Taco Bell, and I said, "I can't go to Taco Bell, I'm on an ALL carb diet, god Karen, you're so stupid"
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    whitneysin wrote: »
    I'm on an all carb diet. My friend Karen suggested we go to Taco Bell, and I said, "I can't go to Taco Bell, I'm on an ALL carb diet, god Karen, you're so stupid"

Is butter a carb?
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    A no carb diet means no vegetables, no fruits, no nuts/seeds, etc…

It is not sustainable and you are basically setting yourself up for failure if you try it. Instead, eat a well-balanced diet of carbs, protein, and fat.
    ^Unfortunately, this. I've walked that road before, and learned so much about healthy carb sources like veggies, whose fiber and vitamins>carbs.
  • sugarbelle83
    sugarbelle83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't eliminate. Just reduce appropriately and make the carbs you eat high quality ones.

Thank you for the info
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I don't think that eliminating carbs is good for your body. Moderate carb/complex carb is what my doctor recommends.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if anyone has done the no carb diet. Pros? cons? Have you added carbs back? Did you gain weight back? Should I have some carbs?? TIA!!

I did Atkins years ago, was constipated all the time. Also got tired of eating cheese, meats, fish etc. It was an experience, IMO a bad one. I lost a few lbs but when I added carbs I gained it all back. Now I am a fan of the "good carbs" diet. Something I can do for the rest of my life.