My blender sucks! Product suggestions?

Options

Replies

• jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    We wore our Ninja(s) out making protein shakes and other stuff pretty much daily for several years. It had gotten to where it would just swirl ingredients around in a circle but not actually mix them. So we recently invested in a commercial Vitamix and it's amazing. But if you don't want to spend $400-ish, I heard the nutribullet is great too.

This is what I was looking for. Money isn't necessarily an issue, but quality is. I'm just wondering if I would even use a Vitamix enough to make it worth it - I always talk about juicing, etc.. but whether I would actually use it more than once every day, or once every 2 days makes me wary of spending a ton of money and giving up on it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I use a Vitamix. Have used it frequently for >12 years now and it's still going strong.

If it's possible to blend something, a Vitamix will do it and do it well.
  • jaimrlx
    Options
    Another vote here for NutriBullet. I use mine daily - it's powerful, easy to use, easy to clean, inexpensive.

How much does it make? I seriously love the idea of something this small, but I also wonder if it'll make 16-32 oz. in one sitting?
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja.

I'm really, really tempted to get this one.

http://www.ninjakitchen.com/mega-kitchen-system/microsite_int1.shtml

Vitamix compared to Ninja, the Ninja seems a better deal for doing more - but that doesn't speak to quality.

Has anyone used both?

I haven't used both, but Ninja is good if you're going to make it useful! I know it's a bit pricey. I make smoothies with no problem using frozen fruit (I've gone through a lot of blenders sadly). I also love using it for food processing now that I'm trying different recipes. I'm looking forward to making a creamy soup.

My boyfriend bought one because I talk about it so much and he's in love!
  • SkinnyMozza
    SkinnyMozza Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I promise... Thermomix is the best in the world!!!!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I used to have a Vitamix, and I loved it. (My ex got it in the divorce.) Now I have a Kitchenaid blender and a Cuisinart stick blender. I'm happy with both of those, but I use the stick blender way more frequently because it's so convenient.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    We wore our Ninja(s) out making protein shakes and other stuff pretty much daily for several years. It had gotten to where it would just swirl ingredients around in a circle but not actually mix them. So we recently invested in a commercial Vitamix and it's amazing. But if you don't want to spend $400-ish, I heard the nutribullet is great too.

This is what I was looking for. Money isn't necessarily an issue, but quality is.
    I wouldn't consider years of daily use prior to wearing out a negative review.
  • jaimrlx
    Options

This is what I was looking for. Money isn't necessarily an issue, but quality is.
    I wouldn't consider years of daily use prior to wearing out a negative review.

Neither would I! There are people who love something and have had it for 6 months, and love something because they've had it for years.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    I still use my el cheapo oster 12 speed blender. gets the job I need done.
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have this one:
    http://www.ninjakitchen.com/NinjaMasterPrepProSystem.shtml?tabID=detailsCont

It comes with three different "bowls" I've only used the medium size for smoothies. I love it. It blends frozen fruits, celery, kale... all very well. It is pretty good with ice too, but there will sometimes be that one small chunk of ice that doesn't get crushed up, but that is fine with me. I got it on sale at Kohl's and with a coupon it ended up being under $50.

One day I'll use the smaller bowl for salsa or something...
  • luv3babies
    luv3babies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just got a blender bottle at walmart about $7
    A lot less mess
  • jaimrlx
    Options
    I just got a blender bottle at walmart about $7
    A lot less mess

I have one, I don't care for it that much.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Another vote here for NutriBullet. I use mine daily - it's powerful, easy to use, easy to clean, inexpensive.

How much does it make? I seriously love the idea of something this small, but I also wonder if it'll make 16-32 oz. in one sitting?

It comes with 3 cups; (2) 18 ounce and (1) 24 ounce.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd recommend the Vitamix. Love that thing!

Ditto! Well worth the money!
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I use a Magic bullet that I've had for several years now. I go through periods where I use it daily and then not at all. When that one goes, I'll likely invest in a Nutri bullet. A girl here at work has one and says it's great - no chunks left behind. I find I usually have at least one chunk when I use my Bullet - but i use all frozen fruit/veggies. If it were fresh, it wouldn't likely be an issue.

I also hear Vitamix is great, but I can't personally justify the expense at the moment. I figure even if I replaced my Magic Bullet (approx $40) every year, it would take 10 years for me to reach the amount of a Vitamix (approx $400 and that's if I found it on sale). In 10 years, who knows if the Vitamix would need replacing too......
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Vitamix! Best investment ever!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I bought a Ninja for about $40 from Walmart about a month ago and I've used it probably a dozen times. it does the job nicely and seems pretty versatile, and it's also easy to clean.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ninja-Master-Prep-Food-Processor/14895654
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Another Ninja fan here. Consumer Reports puts it up there with the Vitamix when you factor in cost. We got ours at Sam's and it came with a few extra bowls. So far so good, and as an apartment dweller I like not having another big appliance on the countertop (I save that for the much more important espresso machine).
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Definitely the Ninja for both quality and price.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Another Ninja fan here. Consumer Reports puts it up there with the Vitamix when you factor in cost. We got ours at Sam's and it came with a few extra bowls. So far so good, and as an apartment dweller I like not having another big appliance on the countertop (I save that for the much more important espresso machine).

BLASPHEMY!!!