My one year 50lb transformation

Options
201306332 Posts: 7 Member
I am a Division 3 college baseball player and I went into my freshman year weighing 270lbs and gained a little more throughout the year. When summer hit I decided to get myself in shape and I started researching nutrition and weightlifting pretty much any free time I had. Putting both what I learned about health and how to properly lift and what kind of cardio is best I was seeing the weight fly off. After three months I lost 40 lbs. At this point I was gaining significant muscle as well as losing fat. I now am seeing abs and feel the best I ever have.

If you have any questions about how to train for baseball or just simple nutrition and weight loss advice just ask

Replies

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done lad. Looking good!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to go!
  • JinxedyJinx
    JinxedyJinx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic - your muscle definitely shows - I can't believe thats 40 pounds! It actually looks like you lost a lot more than that - but I would guess that's because you've been building lots of muscle. Nice job!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    That's dedication. Great work. Keep up the healthy lifestyle!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Very well done
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    What kind of food did you eat? how many calories?
    Options
    I do a no sugar diet. Natural sugars like from fruits and vegetables are fine but no added sugar. Which means no soda, milk, Gatorade, etc. Also I stick to about 1500-2000 calories a day but I spread all my meals into very small portions. So for breakfast I have my largest meal, 2 eggs and then I make a nutribullet smoothie and always put some kind of leafy greens like spinach or kale along with a mixture of fruits and I always put in flax seed. Then I workout and come back and have my protein shake which right now has been Carnivore because it has no sugar or fat. I usually have a piece of grilled chicken then too. After that I go about my day with random food every 3 to 4 hours. For example I have a sweet potato or apple or broccoli.
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys. I just got this app to help me even more along the way and I'm already loving everything about it
  • lavenderannie
    lavenderannie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!