Adjusting my calories-burned / calories-allowed-to-eat

Options
I notice in the discussion forums, that a lot of people only allow themselves to eat back 1/2 of the extra calories MFP has added onto their minimum daily calorie allowance (MFP has added because of exercise & calories burned). I find trying to figure out the math of this all the time, to be a hassle.

My standard daily calorie allowance (without exercise) is 1200 calories. That amount increases a lot because of the FitBit sync which shows calories burned from how far I walk. What I'd like is for it to display only half of the extra calories it's adding on. I'm eating under my calorie goal, usually, but I'm not really losing weight. Changing the calories-math would help me.

I'd like to use this only-eat-half-the-extra-allowed-calories system others seem to be using, but I don't want to have to be figuring out the math all the time.

Suggestions?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Just do the maths. It's not really math...you just look at how many calories you ate, eat a few hundred under what MFP shows you.

It won't help you lose weight anyway. If you think you're under your goal every day and not losing, then you're eating more than you think unfortunately. Try tightening up your logging.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    My standard daily calorie allowance (without exercise) is 1200 calories. That amount increases a lot because of the FitBit sync which shows calories burned from how far I walk. What I'd like is for it to display only half of the extra calories it's adding on.

Your Fitbit burn is TDEE (aka your maintenance calories). Your MFP calorie goal is activity level minus deficit. Adjustments are the difference between your Fitbit burn & your MFP activity level.

If (and only if) you enable negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings, then eating your adjustments means you're eating TDEE minus deficit: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users