Need Healthy Snacks and food Ideas

Options
I'm seriously needing to change what I eat as I'm looking to lose around 65 pounds by the end of the year. I do have a protein powder that I do have and will be going back to. I'm not a fan of certain foods do I need to find something I'll eat snd not waste money on. Please also don't leave rude comments I'm needing all the support I can get right now as this id s huge heslth change I'm doing fof myself and family.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You need to work out a plan involving foods you like - there's no point asking for help then stating there's foods you don't like, and you don't want to waste money on, without giving specifics.

You need to eat foods you enjoy, in a deficit, whilst making your choices nutrient dense most of the time. Eat as many meals as you feel comfortable doing, at times that suit you. Use protein powder if you feel the need to increase protein consumption but can't get it through food.... Protein powder isn't magic, and won't help you lose weight.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    You will have more success finding snacks you like. Some of my favorites are string cheese- with 5 almonds. Apple wedges with tablespoon peanut butter. Yassoo frozen yogurt bars. lunch meat turkey with tablespoon cream cheese. beef jerkey- not good if you have to watch your sodium levels- but, good for tasty protein. hard boiled egg with 1/2 tablespoon thai peanut sauce. I am always low on protein so, that is why I try to eat more in my snacks.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I like carrot sticks with Greek yogurt and thanini dip

OR rice cakes with laughing cow cheese

Tin of tuna and cup o soup packet

Home made onion soup

Sandwich with meat and salad/vegies

Wrap with meat and salad/vegies

Left over dinner
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    what do you like? Or hate? You need to be more specific.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Some veggies that i like are sweet bell peppers, brocoli, asparagus, cucumbers, celery.

My favorite meats are chicken breasts and bison.

Chances are we have different tastes, but hopefully this helps.