Anyone try this Dr. Oz juice???

Options
I was looking around online and found this melon juice recipe from dr. Oz. It consists of:
3 cups melon
2 cups water
1 cup coconut water
Your supposed to only have to drink 5 cups a day to be hydrated (as opposed to 8 glasses of water I guess?) Anyone try out this water and find it helps with reducing water weight and feeling hydrated, or anyother benefits from it? Let me know!!

Replies

• qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sitting back getting ready for the Dr. Oz hate...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Might taste good, may help you drink more water, has absolutely NO magical weight loss benefits at all.

Bonus point: Dr Oz is a quack charlatan. He doesn't give a fig for your weight or health, only for his wallet.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I don't like coconut anything so I wouldn't like it. It is no more hydrating than any other liquids though, so I would just eat the melon and drink my water.
  • shelby929
    shelby929 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was thinking similar thoughts. I think i may use it just as a soda or juice alternative but i dont think it was do much for weight loss either
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    if Dr. Oz endorses it- I pretty won't go near it. he's such a wackadoo.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    shelby929 wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking similar thoughts. I think i may use it just as a soda or juice alternative but i dont think it was do much for weight loss either

Might be a tasty summer drink made with plain sparkling water.

• mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    qb63 wrote: »
    Sitting back getting ready for the Dr. Oz hate...

Okay....

I'd listen to Dr. Seuss before I'd listen to that hack Dr. Oz!
  • earlnabby
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Agree for the most part but this is one that I think can be enjoyed as long as you eliminate the "better hydration than water" woo.

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz said...

23141-tumblrm9rxcjOEZf1r5kyvmo1500gi-fBmn.gif
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's missing the rum - then I might consider it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

I love you!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

Agree for the most part but this is one that I think can be enjoyed as long as you eliminate the "better hydration than water" woo.

yeah- I mean I'm all about drinking "infused" water...(speaking of- why everything has to have a name now I have no idea- I mean hell we just threw fruit/citrus in our water when we were younger because it was refreshing and different than just water. But it wasn't magical.)
    Anyway- sorry
    If you like flavored water drink it. It's not going to do jackall for you other than make you happy and drink more LOL

also- it's to early to be on the forums- I'm not well caffeinated.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of fruit and a little water. Is it supposed to be a "natural" alternative to sports/energy drinks?

I don't get it.

If I want to be hydrated, I'll drink water. If I want fruity water, I'll throw some lemon in it.

If I want melon, I'll EAT some melon.

Mehmet Oz is an idiot.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    anything dr oz says I do the exact opposite.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

tumblr_mvqyrfmaMI1slfeauo1_500.gif

In for Dr. Oz talk, though
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I was looking around online and found this melon juice recipe from dr. Oz. It consists of:
    3 cups melon
    2 cups water
    1 cup coconut water
    Your supposed to only have to drink 5 cups a day to be hydrated (as opposed to 8 glasses of water I guess?) Anyone try out this water and find it helps with reducing water weight and feeling hydrated, or anyother benefits from it? Let me know!!

Did anyone else find this disturbing? That makes no logical sense whatsoever.

OP, coconut water has a great electrolyte profile, so you can just drink that once in a while. I like to bring powdered coconut water backpacking because it replaces lost electrolytes at the end of the day (Gatorade will do the same thing).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    3 cups melon
    2 cups water
    1 cup coconut water

OP, coconut water has a great electrolyte profile, so you can just drink that once in a while. I like to bring powdered coconut water backpacking because it replaces lost electrolytes at the end of the day (Gatorade will do the same thing).

I ignored everything after "dr oz said"
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    3 cups melon
    2 cups water
    1 cup coconut water

I ignored everything after "dr oz said"

"Dr oz" is my cue to keep reading.

8bu605khlyi8.jpg
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    3 cups melon
    2 cups water
    1 cup coconut water

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. O wait, that's the Wizard of Oz.

But seriously, there is no way that 5 cups of water will give you as much water as 8 cups of water. The only reason to think that this statement might be true is if it only takes 5 cups of water for a person to be hydrated. I've seen recommendations that women get 11.5 glasses of water per day and men should get 15.5 glasses per day. My water intake is somewhere around the 15.5 glasses mark, though I don't spend much time tracking it. To say I would only need a third of that if I drink this magic water is a little farfetched.