Best Method for Calculating Calories Weekly

Options
Hi all,

I'm shifting into maintenance (really, been there for the last four months or so), and wanted to start calculating calories weekly. It matches more accurately my patterns, which are to eat somewhat abstemiously during the week and more indulgently during the weekends.

For those of you who calculate your calories in this way, what tracking method have you found most useful.

Thanks!

Replies

• Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am 1 pound from goal. This is what I think I will do also. So IN for the tips!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Take the calorie goal for 1 day and then multiply it by 7. That's your weekly calorie goal.

Each day, subtract how many calories you ate that day from your weekly goal. That gives you how many calories you have left for the week.

If you want to eat a bit more on the weekends, eat a little less on weekdays.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    MFP Android app shows a weekly number and weekly average under >Nutrition >Weekly.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It's a lot easier to do on my iPhone than on the website. Click on nutrition/calories/weekly. Shows you how much you have left for the week. Easy peasy.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm not a math person so every week I just quick add a good 2,500 calories to Saturday, and then start working around that (my TDEE is unfortunately only about 1800). I just keep up on my weekly calorie goal. Usually shave off 100 a day, or maybe eat maintenance one of the days and shave off 200 on my rest day. It's been working okay. I did this in a deficit too.
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm not a math person so every week I just quick add a good 2,500 calories to Saturday, and then start working around that (my TDEE is unfortunately only about 1800). I just keep up on my weekly calorie goal. Usually shave off 100 a day, or maybe eat maintenance one of the days and shave off 200 on my rest day. It's been working okay. I did this in a deficit too.

Thanks!!! Great plan!