Post your macros and calories

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
im cutting at 2400 calories them poverty calories I would love to cut at 4000 lol dream calories what's yours

Replies

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    TDEE is 2721.
    -20% cut = 2177 cals/day

166 lbs.
    108-133 g protein/day on average
    75-91 g dietary fat/day on average

Primarily nutritious and/or high fiber Carbs (and sometimes Alcohol) to fill in the remainder.

Something to understand about macros and calorie goals is that they should be tweaked as you weight changes. You're goals are likely not going to be the same at 112 lbs. as they would at 145, 165, or 190 lbs.

And unless you're very obese, the bare minimum for dietary fat intake should be 0.40-0.45 grams per 1 lb. of bodyweight. This is important for a variety of health reasons, notably hormonal and reproductive health.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Varies by day. My average intake for the last 30 days though is 1863.

I'm still in learning phases of balancing macros. Currently trying a 60/20/20 split (carb/protein/fat). Although, I'm not sure if that's giving me enough protein. This split typically has me at 80 - 100 g protein. So far, I just try to focus on the protein aspect because that is my weak point.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Around 118g of protein and 24g of fat. Whatever I have left over goes to carbs.
    Calories: 1200
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My "budget" is set at 2,800 calories per day. Lately I've been averaging around 2,700.

Macro split target is 35c/30f/35p.

I'm 6'2" and weigh 192.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    2700 Cals

335c/70f/180p at the moment.
  • Physiobody
    Physiobody Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a lean bulk/recomp at the moment and doing some calorie cycling

On Days:
    2800 Calories
    Fat: 70 g
    Protein: 160 g
    Carbs: 320 g

Off Days:
    2300 Calories
    Fat: 70 g
    Protein: 160 g
    Carbs: 200 g

These are ballparks and can flutuate obviously. I'm not super strict and I'm pretty lean at the moment.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    everyone macros looks good im eating 2400 calories 200-210 protein then I just fit the rest in lol
  • Rep4Him
    Rep4Him Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Maintaining at 3600-3800.

50 carbs
    30 protein
    20 fat

My metabolism is stupid fast.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    TDEE is about 1950. Am doing the LiveFit program, which means eating at 40/40/20 (which is fine for now, but probably not something I want to do forever, lol). I aim for about 1500 on rest days, 1650 plus half my exercise calories on days I work out. Keeping it slow and steady, looking to lose fat in such a way as to minimize muscle loss. Working well so far!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I cut at 2400ish and maintain around 2800 - 3000...i don't log so, while i have reasonably good idea of what my macros are, I couldn't tell you specifically, nor do I particularly worry about it.
  • abrocklehurst
    abrocklehurst Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on 2000 training and 1800 non
    15/40/45
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm currently back in active weight loss, to get a bit leaner for the summer. Started yesterday with this breakdown-
    1,397calories
    101+ protein
    55+ fat

Will do this for a few days until I hit 118lbs (was 124.5lbs yesterday, 122.5lbs this morning), and then I'll adjust up the calories a bit and maintain there for the summer months.
  • dvldog1313
    dvldog1313 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My tdee is 2160 I'm cutting at 1200 a day with a 20/55/25 macro split
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    1673 calories

160 carbs
    57 fat
    130 protein
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    My protein split seems to be considerably higher and carb split considerably lower than everyone else. I just have a hard time finding carbs that are nutritious and not processed sugary crap.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Cutting at 1890 calories (250 below my TDEE of 2140).

Protein: 175 grams minimum (1.2 grams per pound of bodyweight)
    Fat: 35 grams or less
    Carbs: whatever is left over

I focus mainly on protein. I have to plan ahead if I'm going to get that much protein with a relatively low overall calorie allowance.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    ^After about 0.80 grams protein per pound of bodyweight, it is virtually doing nothing as far as muscle synthesis goes.

Dietary fat is the most important macro to focus on getting the minimum as far as health purposes go. 35 grams/day is far too low for just about everyone.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Options
    jim180155 wrote: »
    Cutting at 1890 calories (250 below my TDEE of 2140).

Protein: 175 grams minimum (1.2 grams per pound of bodyweight)
    Fat: 35 grams or less
    Carbs: whatever is left over

I focus mainly on protein. I have to plan ahead if I'm going to get that much protein with a relatively low overall calorie allowance.

Yikes, your fat intake is really low :o
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    ^After about 0.80 grams protein per pound of bodyweight, it is virtually doing nothing as far as muscle synthesis goes.

Dietary fat is the most important macro to focus on getting the minimum as far as health purposes go. 35 grams/day is far too low for just about everyone.

"35 grams (of fat) is too low for just about everyone:" That's the problem with my focus on protein. I just don't pay that much attention to fat and carbs. I actually target 20%, which at 1890 calories would be 42 grams. I don't worry much about going over or under though. The last few weeks I averaged 21%, 23%, 26% 35%, 32%. and 28%. I don't know if I've ever actually hit 20%.

"After about 0.80 grams protein per pound of bodyweight, it is virtually doing nothing as far as muscle synthesis goes." I've been following the program in Mike Matthews' Bigger Leaner Stronger. His book cites the study that concluded .8 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight was the upper limit to maximize protein synthesis. He didn't disagree with it. But he also recommends 1 gram for maintenance & bulking, 1.2 grams for cutting. Offhand I don't remember how he got from acknowledging the 0.8 max to the 1 to 1.2 gram recommendation. But he also includes other studies that show protein synthesis is maximized in 30 to 40 gram servings, the effect of protein, carbs and fat on thermogenesis, and that protein during pre-workout, post-workout, and nighttime (sleep) are the most critical for protein synthesis. Bottom line, I'm choosing to err on the high side. I might be able to reduce 1.2 grams to 0.8 and not see a reduction in benefits, but since there's no real harm in 1.2 grams, that's the plan I'm going with. For now at least.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jim180155 wrote: »
    sixxpoint wrote: »

"35 grams (of fat) is too low for just about everyone:" That's the problem with my focus on protein. I just don't pay that much attention to fat and carbs. I actually target 20%, which at 1890 calories would be 42 grams. I don't worry much about going over or under though. The last few weeks I averaged 21%, 23%, 26% 35%, 32%. and 28%. I don't know if I've ever actually hit 20%.

"After about 0.80 grams protein per pound of bodyweight, it is virtually doing nothing as far as muscle synthesis goes." I've been following the program in Mike Matthews' Bigger Leaner Stronger. His book cites the study that concluded .8 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight was the upper limit to maximize protein synthesis. He didn't disagree with it. But he also recommends 1 gram for maintenance & bulking, 1.2 grams for cutting. Offhand I don't remember how he got from acknowledging the 0.8 max to the 1 to 1.2 gram recommendation. But he also includes other studies that show protein synthesis is maximized in 30 to 40 gram servings, the effect of protein, carbs and fat on thermogenesis, and that protein during pre-workout, post-workout, and nighttime (sleep) are the most critical for protein synthesis. Bottom line, I'm choosing to err on the high side. I might be able to reduce 1.2 grams to 0.8 and not see a reduction in benefits, but since there's no real harm in 1.2 grams, that's the plan I'm going with. For now at least.

The harm is that you're sacrificing getting in a proper amount of fat, at the expense of a higher protein number which is most likely not doing anything beneficial for you.