Observation

Options
I went hard with cardio/weights/clean diet from January to April and did it sparatically in May (to give my body a rest). Went from 242 - 222. I hit a brick wall with my weight and realized I needed to rest it.

After about of month of not following the diet and exercising a few times a week, I jumped back up to 232.

So... I restarted last Sunday and was 232. Cardio/Weights/Clean diet/Tons of Water.

This week I went from 232 to 226 to 222. Each time weighting myself under the same conditions (after poop and before breakfast).

Why the sudden decrease??

Replies

• kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    First guess would be water retention. How are you sodium levels?
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Better food so you are probably retaining a lot less water, and glycogen if you are working out pretty hard.
  • domin8orx
    domin8orx Posts: 25
    Options

That was my first thought. Maybe my body was so use to sweating it out, that when I stopped, it kept storing it.

Also... its not like I was pigging out every single day to gain 10lbs in one month. That would be insane.

How would I go about testing my sodium levels?
  • bagge72
    Options

That was my first thought. Maybe my body was so use to sweating it out, that when I stopped, it kept storing it.

Also... its not like I was pigging out every single day to gain 10lbs in one month. That would be insane.

Just look at the food you log, MFP should tell you how much sodium is in it.
  • domin8orx
    Options

Just look at the food you log, MFP should tell you how much sodium is in it.

I noticed it was 3200 yesterday and the goal was 2500.
  • bagge72
    Options
    Honestly that doesn't look to bad to me, but if you are worried just drink more water it will flush it out. Also the better you eat the more potassium your food will have in it, and that will help your body from retaining water from salt as well.
  • domin8orx
    Options
    I drink between 1.5 to 2 gallons of water a day.

I do eat a banana or banana chips each day for potassium.