WHAT DO YOU DO TO NOT EAT IN THE EVENINGS??GRRRRRRR!!!

Options

Replies

• freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    gum.sleep.shower.sex.dance.walk.tea.coffee.phone.movies. showers work best cuz it's a guaranteed hour of not eating lol

all in the same night? In that order? =)

lol no if it were in order it would probably read something more like

coffee.dance.walk.gum.phone.sex.shower.tea.movie.
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I always plan a snack for the evenings within my cal. goal and macros.
  • coverley54
    coverley54 Posts: 23
    Options
    raw veggies chow down only sounds good with dip.........not appealing at all to me, sorry :(
    Good idea though!
  • coverley54
    Options
    My first question is, how confident are you that 1200 is an appropriate daily calorie limit for you?

(Before others gather pitchforks and torches, I'm not saying that it definitely isn't...I don't know enough about OP to know that...but it's an important question...because if it is *not* an appropriate level, then providing tips on eating less may be counterproductive to a more important adjustment to the plan.)

Good question there, i think this program for me is a work in progress, learning as I go...........perhaps i need to re evaluate, thanks for the thoughts.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    EAT
    1200 isn't enough FOOD but i am sure you have been told before but you asked if you are not eating enough clean foods you will be hungry all the time. I am 5.3 and i eat 1500 most days any even more when i am doing 60 minutes of cardio a day . What kind of meals do you eat sharing your diary will help us to see what you could be changing.
    How much protein do you eat ?
    How much Carbs do you eat ?
    how much GOOD fats do you eat ?
    how much Fruit do you eat ?
    How much Veggies do you eat?
    one of my favourite evening snacks is popcorn cooked in coconut oil and a little sea salt. Home made Sherbet . Almond butter with celery or apple .
  • coverley54
    Options
    EAT
    1200 isn't enough FOOD but i am sure you have been told before but you asked if you are not eating enough clean foods you will be hungry all the time. I am 5.3 and i eat 1500 most days any even more when i am doing 60 minutes of cardio a day . What kind of meals do you eat sharing your diary will help us to see what you could be changing.
    one of my favourite evening snacks is popcorn cooked in coconut oil and a little sea salt. Home made Sherbet . Almond butter with celery or apple .

foods i eat are, fruits, veggies (inc/greens), nuts, seeds, rice/.quinoa, eggs, salmon, and other healthy foods.....staying off sugar, hydrogenated oils and using good fats, like avocado, coco oil, olive oil........i take lots of added nutrients too.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    1200 may be too low. Try setting MFP to lose 1 lb a week and try a few more calories.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    What works for me, eat a good breakfast, have the main meal in the middle of the day, and I won't be very hungry by evening. Maybe that will work for you.
  • foleyshirley
    Options
    My first question is, how confident are you that 1200 is an appropriate daily calorie limit for you?

(Before others gather pitchforks and torches, I'm not saying that it definitely isn't...I don't know enough about OP to know that...but it's an important question...because if it is *not* an appropriate level, then providing tips on eating less may be counterproductive to a more important adjustment to the plan.)

No pitchforks here. I absolutely agree.
  • coverley54
    Options
    Drink beer...

12 light beers, mmmmm yeah thats about my calorie range, Will do...........NOT!!!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    At 1200 calories, it's your body telling you to eat more. I bet anything you're not even eating enough to keep your body going if you were just laying in bed(BMI). Go to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and calculate your BMI and TDEE and then do a 15-20% deficit for the weight loss. Either calculate your activity level as sedentary and then eat back your exercise calories or calculate your activity at moderate or heavey and eat that goal.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I eat from around 11am to around 11pm (sometimes midnight) I don't eat during the morning, cause it makes me feel gross.I spread my calories carefully. Under 400 for breakfast, 200 cal snack, 400 cal lunch or another 200 cal snack, 600 cal dinner.That puts me at 14-1600, but usually a tad less. My goal is 1725 so this leaves me room for a snack. Gelato, ice cream bar, string cheese, open faced cheeseburger with bacon.

Short version: I plan my day so that doesn't happen.
  • foleyshirley
    Options

Good question there, i think this program for me is a work in progress, learning as I go...........perhaps i need to re evaluate, thanks for the thoughts.

I agree. I started off doing the 1200 calorie thing. Then I started keeping up with the forums and doing my own research. For awhile I did 1200 and ate back my exercise calories, which helped a lot. Then I move up to 1350 and ate my exercise calories.

MFP is set up so you eat your exercise calories, or at least a good percentage of them. So the person who told you to do jumping jacks wasn't all that far off :laugh: I definitely don't think standing on your head would help :).
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    cuddle with somebody, count the warm fuzzies as a slow calorie burn love:
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on almonds or a piece of fruit at night.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

It's definitely an important aspect...in fact, I'd say it is *the* most important aspect of a weight loss plan. And like I said, I'm not saying that 1200 is *wrong* for you...I'm just saying that trying arbitrarily to adhere to 1200 when it isn't an appropriate level for a person will likely lead to the issues you're having. The solution...the incredibly obvious solution...of increasing those calories to a more reasonable amount can be very difficult for some to do. Fortunately, this site is full of people who have successfully made the transition and lived to tell the awesome tale with long-lasting results.

My suggestion is to find the *highest* daily calorie limit that still results in satisfactory progress towards your goal. Use the Scooby calculator, or some other TDEE calculator, or even just a ballpark estimate based on what sounds right to you, and eat at that level (tracking consistently) for a while...at least four weeks, preferably six to eight...and then evaluate your progress. Losing too quickly? Bump it up a little. Losing too slowly? Knock it down a little. Repeat the process. Win.

When you find your groove with this, it makes everything much easier...you won't be starving (literally or figuratively), you'll be happier, and you'll be more likely to be active (especially once you're more fully recovered from your physical limitations).

ETA:
    Speaking of exercise, while it isn't essential to losing weight, I believe it is crucial psychologically for you to be active in some way. Shoulder problems? Walk. Do body weight squats. Just move. Find something you enjoy doing that doesn't aggravate your problem and do that. Don't worry about a "perfect" plan when just starting out...worry about doing something, anything. (Sure, doing exactly the right thing is best, but doing something will almost always be remarkably better than doing nothing.)
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    you seem to eat clean so maybe it is just that you are not eating enough i found when i was on 1200 a day i wanted to eat in the evening but once i upped my calories it seem to help
    wishing you the best of luck
    EAT

foods i eat are, fruits, veggies (inc/greens), nuts, seeds, rice/.quinoa, eggs, salmon, and other healthy foods.....staying off sugar, hydrogenated oils and using good fats, like avocado, coco oil, olive oil........i take lots of added nutrients too.
    [/quote]
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    When I decided to lose weight last fall, I knew I had to tackle my night time eating issue. I frequently would sit down with a book and devour a can of pringles or a bag of candy :huh: I decided to slowly cut back my eating window, in half hour increments. So I'd cut back a half hour and then after doing that for a couple weeks I'd cut back another half an hour. It took about 4 months but I got to the point where I broke my mindless night time eating habit :) Now my eating window (I do 8:16IF) is from 11am-7pm and I don't eat after 7pm. I go to bed feeling great and I wake up the same. For me, night time snacking/eating was a bad habit that I don't miss at all!
  • coverley54
    Options

It's definitely an important aspect...in fact, I'd say it is *the* most important aspect of a weight loss plan. And like I said, I'm not saying that 1200 is *wrong* for you...I'm just saying that trying arbitrarily to adhere to 1200 when it isn't an appropriate level for a person will likely lead to the issues you're having. The solution...the incredibly obvious solution...of increasing those calories to a more reasonable amount can be very difficult for some to do. Fortunately, this site is full of people who have successfully made the transition and lived to tell the awesome tale with long-lasting results.

My suggestion is to find the *highest* daily calorie limit that still results in satisfactory progress towards your goal. Use the Scooby calculator, or some other TDEE calculator, or even just a ballpark estimate based on what sounds right to you, and eat at that level (tracking consistently) for a while...at least four weeks, preferably six to eight...and then evaluate your progress. Losing too quickly? Bump it up a little. Losing too slowly? Knock it down a little. Repeat the process. Win.

When you find your groove with this, it makes everything much easier...you won't be starving (literally or figuratively), you'll be happier, and you'll be more likely to be active (especially once you're more fully recovered from your physical limitations).

ETA:
    Speaking of exercise, while it isn't essential to losing weight, I believe it is crucial psychologically for you to be active in some way. Shoulder problems? Walk. Do body weight squats. Just move. Find something you enjoy doing that doesn't aggravate your problem and do that. Don't worry about a "perfect" plan when just starting out...worry about doing something, anything. (Sure, doing exactly the right thing is best, but doing something will almost always be remarkably better than doing nothing.)

You sound like you know this stuff, your advice is very reasonable and helpful. I should hire you for my personal trainer, if I could just afford one ......LOL. Thanks for the good advice, Blessings to you !!
  • msaprilm1
    msaprilm1 Posts: 47
    Options
    Try making a smoothie around 7ish. Go Lean (Chocolate is my fav), sugar free almond milk, handful of spinach, 2 cubes of ice and blend! Fills me up and I get the extra protein :)