Dont want to cover up for yet another summer !

Options
Hi, I'm a 45yr old female ,married with 4 children and really want to lose weight for the summer hols ! Targets have come and gone so many times now and the weight has crept up by 5 stone over !

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Having a goal is great!

Unfortunately, you've started too late to reach a 5 stone loss by summertime, as summertime is practically already here. It will take many months of consistent dedication to better eating and exercise to see those kids of results, I'd hate to see you get disappointed and give up because you set too harsh of a goal for yourself.

It's never too late to start, and you can FOR SURE lose some weight and look better by this summer, just maybe not all of your weight. Shoot for next summer to be at your target weight, and get started now! You can do it!
  • juliesugden86
    juliesugden86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the wise words . I'm the impatient type that wants things done by yesterday !! So yes I'll need to set a smaller goal of perhaps just dropping a dress size by end of August otherwise your right , I'd probably give up if it's not a realistic goal
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You can easily drop at least a dress size by August, times passing you by so get on it, you could quite easily surprise yourself with how much you could lose by then, really
  • shell060
    shell060 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to start! Take one day at a time and you will start feeling more confident about the way you look and feel in no time.
  • TSith
    TSith Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You got this!!! Keep your mindset right! Focus! And don't let your mind take over your body! Your body can do some amazing things! Good luck!!!
  • juliesugden86
    juliesugden86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow , thanks guys for your encouraging words !! It means a lot , I've started walking to pick my kids up from school with my walking app and it feels good :)