Options
13»

Replies

• afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I really hate the word "panty"

Same! I read a blog post that summed it up perfectly for me. Something along the lines of the word panty being simultaneously infantilized and sexualized.

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Go to Soma and spend the extra money. It will be worth it as they are quality and last and pretty and make you feel pretty. Good undergarments are a worthy investment.
  • JennaHathcock
    JennaHathcock Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    FINALLY. If weight loss was as easy as telling you about panties then call me a Greek Goddess.

Finding out your size: You lost a substantial amount of weight! Thus, you're not the same size as before but CONGRATS. Basically, panties are like jeans. They may say S M L XL XXL, but they fit differently. Honestly, try panties on. Whatever you were before, go down a size and see if that fits you. If not, go down two sizes, etc.

Different styles & brands: Different panties will fit you differently as well as different brands. I find myself LOVING thongs. Why? Yes, they go between my butt cheeks BUT when they have the elastic sides, they're VERY comfortable. I don't like seeing a muffin top on me when I wear my knickers, which is why I am ALWAYS up to wearing the thong. Plus, they can look sexy and I find that they're comfortable with w/e you're wearing (besides work-out clothes).

Cheekies/boy shorts are nice to wear too. Cheekies show off more of your butt (it's the one part of me I kind of like), but if they don't fit right then they won't feel comfortable and will be a lot more bothersome than a thong.

Honestly, take different styled panties into the dressing room, try them on. See which ones you like on your body. There's so many different types of underwear for women it's insane. I would love to show you a picture of my panty drawer, but that'd probably be too much.

Pricing: Honestly... you get what you pay for. If you go to nicer stores they will be more expensive, but they will most likely have better material, more options, etc. I only have panties from Victoria Secret BUT... now hear me out... I only bought them during their Winter and Summer Sales. That's the only time I ever venture into VS due to their costly clothing and underwear. I have bought BEAUTIFUL lingerie during those sales for suuuuper cheap. They go anywhere from 50-90% off depending on the time of the sale and if it's ending soon. Plus, their lotions and fragrances && other things go on sale too. I have lotion and perfumes coming out of my ears and they were basically only $2 each! :smile:

Now.. if you don't want to wait for a VS sale, or don't feel like you'll fit into their clothing (I think their largest panty/clothes go to XL... it all depends)... then I advise you to go to Target, Kohls, etc. I have found some pretty good underwear while at Walmart, but you DEFINITELY want to stay away from the massive bulk brands that you feel don't fit you well enough. But if you're wanting to splurge a little bit, then definitely go to target or Kohls. Before I ventured into VS I used to purchase all of my underwear at Kohls. They have a nice selection are are fairly cheap. PLUS if you open up a Kohls charge card you can get 15-30% off your purchase. And they'll give you some Kohls cash to spend next time too if you spent around $50!

So for decent quality panties that are relatively cheap, I say you could go to Kohls. Try on panties that will make you feel good and are comfortable. AND... buy yourself something sexy. Even if you're the only one who sees it. I do buy lingerie to show to my fiance, but I love looking sexy too. It's a confident booster. And there's nothing wrong with dressing up for yourself. :smile: Personally, I find thongs always fit well and are pretty elastic depending on the type you get. It's all preference, and sadly... you will most likely have to try panties on JUST to find your size & style preference. Once you do that, you're good to go. There's never an easy way of knowing your panty size.... everyone's different.
  • trusty48
    trusty48 Posts: 75 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Personally, I wear expensive panties made from "performance" fabric.

Started with Athleta brand a while back when I wanted underwear to wear to the gym. They were so great I started wearing them every day. Later, I switched to the Oiselle brand pack with the bright colors and catchy sayings on the back ("lead from behind" "get your rear in gear" etc). Easily the best underwear I've ever worn.

As an adult woman, their appearance seems a little silly- but they are so comfortable! And they stay dry no matter how much I sweat! They are also indestructible, worn them every day for years and they still look brand new. Yes, they are outrageously expensive but you get what you pay for.
  • sweetd6
    sweetd6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Addiewe wrote: »
    Cuban with a butt here. Go to Walmart, buy the inexpensive bag brand called "best fitting panty". Buy your correct size. Plenty of stretch in those; replaced all my other panties with them. :-)
    I was going to suggest these! Best fitting and most comfortable panties I have ever worn. They have lots of stretch and when they're on you don't feel them at all. I love their little sports type bras too, but I don't think they would work for women who are generously endowed.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I've always liked Joe Boxer brand, also buy from JC Penny and Kohls **When there is a sale!**
    Boy short or Bikini cut works better for me, I totally understand those circulation issues you speak of!