35,000 calorie goal

Options
So far I've lost 15 lbs and I have another 10 lbs to lose in order to reach my goal weight of 160 lbs. I'm so impatient to lose the final 10 lbs, so I've decided to take a break from weighing myself and instead I'm focusing on achieving a net calorie deficit of 35,000 calories. (3,500 calories per pound x 10 lbs = 35,000 calories.)

I know that the 3,500 calories per pound formula isn't exact and that all calories aren't equal. It's just that I'm kind of an obsessive person and I feel like I have more control over achieving a net calorie deficit than reducing the number that appears on the scale. For example, yesterday my net calorie deficit was 937 (about 495 of that was from exercise), so now I have 34,063 calories left to go. I can put that number as the background on my phone and for me it's a tangible result. In theory my 937 calorie deficit should have resulted in a 1/4 lb weight loss, but that won't always reflect on the scale. And plus, for me 937 calories just seems like a lot more than 1/4 lbs.

If anyone has a similar goal of losing the final 10 lbs, please feel free to add me as a friend because I could use the motivation.

Replies