Sugary Nights

Options
2»

Replies

• aBlueCrayon
    aBlueCrayon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yup, I eat dessert every single night! I just leave some calories in the day for it :smile: Enjoy it! Sugar makes life sweet!

Loving your cliché right now, haha!
  • aBlueCrayon
    Options
    If you're a chocolate and/or ice cream fan, Skinny Cow is a good lower-calorie treat. I have a fudge cone every so often for 160 calories. It's similar to a drumstick, but a lot lighter. Really kicks the sweet tooth in the butt, and since it takes a little while to eat, my desire to snack is usually sated too.

I've heard Skinny Cow mentioned a couple times, I think I'll buy some today!!
  • smr09012
    smr09012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When I first started I would pre-log dessert when I was logging my breakfast. It was something I wasn't willing to give up, so I structured the rest of my day around it. It often meant no chips at lunch or a little less of my starch at dinner or no other snacks during the day, but I felt like it was easier KNOWING I'd have that treat before bed. Now I'm probably 50/50 on dessert after dinner and rarely partake without having worked out that day.

You'll find your balance.

And +1 on Skinny Cow!
  • aBlueCrayon
    Options
    smr09012 wrote: »
    When I first started I would pre-log dessert when I was logging my breakfast. It was something I wasn't willing to give up, so I structured the rest of my day around it. It often meant no chips at lunch or a little less of my starch at dinner or no other snacks during the day, but I felt like it was easier KNOWING I'd have that treat before bed. Now I'm probably 50/50 on dessert after dinner and rarely partake without having worked out that day.

You'll find your balance.

And +1 on Skinny Cow!

That's something I've started up recently- logging in the food when I wake up that I know I'll have for the day! I can't wait to add something sweet at the end when I wake up! Good tip :)
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I usually try to save a 100-200 calories for an evening treat! I've lost 40 pounds so far eating treats every night. I just had subway with an m&m cookie for lunch. Mmm!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I usually try to save a 100-200 calories for an evening treat!

This! That way you can satisfy the craving without feeling guilty or going overboard. I also save my largest meal and therefore most of my calories for dinner.

The other night a sweet tooth craving hit me. I took a 100 calorie raspberry Greek yogurt and mixed in 2 squares of a crushed up hersheys chocolate. It was more than satisfying for about 135 calories.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    As long as you are eating enough high nutrient food to meet your needs, there is no reason not to spend your remaining calories any way you want to. I think eating sweets on special occasions only can be helpful for people who have really low calorie allowances, or people who don't track, and just want to find ways to decrease calories without counting, but if you are tracking, and you have the room, go for it.

A lot of the diet "rules" are just simple ways to cut down on calorie consumption. If you are tracking and you know you are eating at a deficit, they don't really apply.
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Almost every night I have dessert. I save 100 or so calories and either have some chocolate (put in the freezer to make it last longer when I eat it!), the 100 calorie Healthy Choice fudge bars, or some peanut butter. It helps me avoid wanting to binge!
  • aBlueCrayon
    Options
    I usually try to save a 100-200 calories for an evening treat! I've lost 40 pounds so far eating treats every night. I just had subway with an m&m cookie for lunch. Mmm!

Impressive! Grats on the loss and I'm even more happy to hear you did it with sweets!!
  • aBlueCrayon
    Options
    agreenid wrote: »
    Almost every night I have dessert. I save 100 or so calories and either have some chocolate (put in the freezer to make it last longer when I eat it!), the 100 calorie Healthy Choice fudge bars, or some peanut butter. It helps me avoid wanting to binge!

Keeping chocolate in the freezer is a great idea!
  • aBlueCrayon
    Options
    As long as you are eating enough high nutrient food to meet your needs, there is no reason not to spend your remaining calories any way you want to. I think eating sweets on special occasions only can be helpful for people who have really low calorie allowances, or people who don't track, and just want to find ways to decrease calories without counting, but if you are tracking, and you have the room, go for it.

A lot of the diet "rules" are just simple ways to cut down on calorie consumption. If you are tracking and you know you are eating at a deficit, they don't really apply.

Now I'm wondering what the average goal is for most people on here! Apparently I'm set for 1300 calories, not a lot, even with my bonus 300 calories for exercising, haha