New here, need inspiration and motivation

I've been on MFP for about two weeks now, as well as using Fitbit.

I live in the UK and work a fairly sedentary job with long hours and have a young baby to look after, so I'm fairly out of shape/health at the moment after a couple of years fast food and lack of time to exercise. Looking to lose around 2 stone and get back to a level of fitness i have let drop over the years.

Looking for people to motivate and share progress with as most of my 'real life' friends don't use MFP or generally don't bother with their fitness and diet.

Replies

• FitHealthyBKY
    FitHealthyBKY Posts: 30 Member
    *waves* Good luck on starting. I have a lot more to lose but understand the sedentary lifestyle (and certainly fast food.) My little boy is 2 now so need to up my fitness to keep up with him. Feel free to add me!
  • alantaylor1985
    alantaylor1985 Posts: 14 Member
    Added. Yeah my jobs a killer with it at times, do 12 hour shifts and end up so mentally tired I couldnt be bothered when I got home. Been trying hard at getting a bit more active and watching what I eat.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Looking for people to motivate and share progress with as most of my 'real life' friends don't use MFP or generally don't bother with their fitness and diet.

You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • ExcelNerd
    ExcelNerd Posts: 7 Member
    I'm in the same boat - looking to lose about 10-15 pounds. I'll send a friend request.