Getting more frustrated each day I need to know if anyone else goes througj this?

Options
2»

Replies

• distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself probably two or three times a day too, but I have been successful putting the scale up where it's a hassle to access. I think I just do it out of curiosity, but it sounds like you do it more compulsively.

If I were in your shoes I guess I would ask myself why I felt the need to weigh myself all the time. I would also try to pay attention to how you feel when you're without a scale. Maybe those things can help you figure out why you do it, and then you may be more successful at stopping.

The other suggestion I have (that's probably been said already) is to try to find other ways to measure progress: take measurements, take pictures, or use a certain clothing item and see how the fit changes.

The last thing I'll add is that a nutritionist once told me that people can fluctuate as much as five pounds from day to day. So you have to weigh consistently over a longer period of time to accurately determine your loss.
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am the same but I am getting better. I have read every single thing there is about how weight fluctuates - I can gain 2-4lb during a day and sometimes I have "gained" 3lb overnight which is pretty much impossible.

I downloaded the Happy Scale app and I tracked my weight on it every day. Seeing the fluctuations all mapped out made me feel a bit calmer. I put the scales away a few days ago and haven't weighed myself since.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    What you eat the night before has a huge impact on the next days weigh in, if it's salty you'll retain water. If you haven't been to the toilet you'll still have food in your digestive system. Don't let it get to you.
  • Becky03026847
    Becky03026847 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have always been told to weight myself once a week, the same day and same time. That works for me.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuations are normal. You need to look at the long term trend.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    A few pounds one way or the other is nothing to be concerned about. I started out in the 260's. But then I got into the 250's and it wasn't even possible to see 260+ on the scale anymore. Now, I'm in the 210's and even seeing the 220's is getting to be a thing of the past.
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Jonestiarra2013 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    OK everyone I took the batteries out of my scale and hid it ALL the way under the bed which is a hassle to anything from under there without a broom or something so let's see how this goes! Thanks for the support everyone