Acronyms and what they mean?

Options
GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
Sometimes when reading the posts they are full of acronyms and sometimes I can figure them out and something I just has to guess; such as what does DH mean - Dedicated Husband, Dumb Husband, Dear Husband, Dedicated Household? Give out some examples. LOL!!!!!

I've been asked about my 'user name' . . . it means "Girls Raised In The South" and "Southern Ladies Under Tremendous Stress."

I'm probably the first one because I leave about as far into the Deep South as one could get, SWGA; and, trying to lose weight has been a lot of the latter.

Replies

• crawfzilla
    crawfzilla Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I like the term TGR
    Meaning tooth to gum ratio. Used in a sentence like "that girl is really cute and all, but her TGR makes it look like there is a civil war going on her mouth.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    DH=Dear Heart (spouse, loved one. At least I think so.
  • zcb94
    Options
    IIFYM- a diet/lifestyle that encourages you to enjoy all foodstuffs in moderation, as long as you have enough calories/macronutrient room for it. If It Fits Your Macros, enjoy!
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    On the scrapbooking websites I'm part of, DH = Dear Husband... so maybe it's the same here?
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Wtf?

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've been wondering about some of the acronyms I've seen used on the forum. I'll keep checking back to find out.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    This thread occasionally gets pinned/stickied in the Getting Started Message Board. I would recommend bookmarking it so you can find it again.
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1069278/acronyms-and-terms-for-new-mfp-members-v-6/p1
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    What is PSMF?
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    IMHO--- in my honest opinion?
  • zcb94
    Options
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    IMHO--- in my honest opinion?
    Honest, Humble.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    IDCWTS = I don't care what they say
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I really like using 'ffs'
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Wtf?

professional... - Yep, I think most people know that one. LOL! I'm almost afraid to ask '_incogNEATo' what ffs means

jaxass - funny user name and I guess UDCWIS either, huh?

zcb94 - Honest or Humble - can usually tell if one is being honest or humble. Brutally 'honest' would probably be IMBHO! :smile: I don't count the macros; but, my granddaughter does. However, she was a freshman at college this year and she gained that "Freshman 15+"; but, she says she was not eating healthy either because she studied so much and had to eat on the 'fly'.

fr3smly - so what is PSMF - I could figure out some pretty raunchy things using those letters. LOL!

CyberTone - actually I am looking for the 'smiley' faces that move - not the ones that MFP would necessarily use.

crawlzilla - T2G - that's funny.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    . . . OK, _incogNEATo . . . what does ffs mean?
  • zcb94
    Options
    Tbh-To Be Honest
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    DGAF - Don't Give A F_CK
  • zcb94
    Options
    MilicaX wrote: »
    TPTB
    ?
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    There's this fast food pizza place called A2M and people call it "A.ss to Mouth"

I love acros. Isketch.net has an acromania room where they give you the letters and you write them out then all the people in that room votes on their favorites

• zcb94
    Options
    MilicaX wrote: »
    The Powers That Be >:)
    Ah. Thanks.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    . . . OK, _incogNEATo . . . what does ffs mean?

Oh for *kitten*'s sake... figure it out.