Sick

Options
what do you do to make up your calories when you are sick? I feel so ill today and have no appetite at all. Think I've managed 200 or so so far today (4pm UK time).

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I usually drink my calories when sick.
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    What sort of drinks? I don't tend to have any calorie high ones in the house, it's mainly diet soda's and water I drink.
  • beansandchips
    beansandchips Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I usually just don't eat... try to keep hydrated, then as recovering work back up to my calories. When Ill, I tend not to be so focused and get back to it when feeling better
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If you are sick and don't fancy eating - don't. Try to keep sipping plenty of water and get back on track once you are feeling better. If you are worried about not eating enough, have some nuts or milk or scrambled eggs on toast. One or two days being ill isn't going to hurt you either way. Do what you fancy!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Anything I can hold down really. Milk, soda, protein shake, juice etc.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Chicken noodle soup and gatorade are household needs when someone is sick in my house. Maybe some saltine crackers.

Just do what you can. You can always make up for it later in the week.
  • irsyadnh
    irsyadnh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    drink calories and soup
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Beef broth works for me. I generally throw calorie counting out the window when I'm very ill. Do what you can to get yourself back on your feet. MFP will be here when you're not sick.
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) will try not to stress about it and hopefully feel better tomorrow. Lupus sucks!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    NerdyNix wrote: »
    What sort of drinks? I don't tend to have any calorie high ones in the house, it's mainly diet soda's and water I drink.

I would see if a good friend can help you out by asking them to get you something from the store.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I always have rice pudding when I'm sick. It's bland, boring and does the trick. LOL