Healthy blueberry pancakes

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Maybe she means healthy as apposed to white flour pancakes that havesugar and butter, etc. Not as many nutrients or protein as something made out buckwheat or a flour that is more nutrient dense.

what would be wrong with butter or sugar? Does the sugar and butter negate the nutrients in the blueberries?

I think she means it's calorie dense for not much in term of satiety... at least it's what it is for me.

Honestly I really like Kodiak Power cakes for that reason... great macros, plenty of fiber and protein, but I prefer them with salty toppings, to be honest...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Maybe she means healthy as apposed to white flour pancakes that havesugar and butter, etc. Not as many nutrients or protein as something made out buckwheat or a flour that is more nutrient dense.

what would be wrong with butter or sugar? Does the sugar and butter negate the nutrients in the blueberries?

I think she means it's calorie dense for not much in term of satiety... at least it's what it is for me.

Honestly I really like Kodiak Power cakes for that reason... great macros, plenty of fiber and protein, but I prefer them with salty toppings, to be honest...

I made pancakes on sunday which was a reefed day for me. If I cut back one serving and cut back on the syrup my pancakes would of come in around 400 - 500 calories...I don' see what is unhealthy about that....
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Blueberry pancakes are good for you. They're good for your soul...
    nASOIAf.gif

PS: Forget the mix and use flour and leavening. Mix is way overpriced.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

What type of salty toppings?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

What type of salty toppings?

I love them with ham, swiss and a fried egg. So good. But smoked salmon and alouette cheese is the bomb too. Basically, anything I'd put on savory crepes. I just pile them up and make a sandwich with fillings between each pancake (I typically end up with 4 medium ones for one serving of powder).

I made pancakes on sunday which was a reefed day for me. If I cut back one serving and cut back on the syrup my pancakes would of come in around 400 - 500 calories...I don' see what is unhealthy about that....

That's not really the issue, the issue is more than it's not filling for the calories for me, and makes me crave carbs more for the rest of the day. I had some pancakes last week and ended up going over by quite a bit. It's like having them for breakfast messes me up all day or something (I had two large pancakes with one tbsp of maple syrup and some turkey bacon... 630 calories total. Should have fit fine in my 1800 calories, but it didn't, lol).

Of course, it depends on the time of the month when I have them...
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • ACyclingAdmin
    ACyclingAdmin Posts: 444 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    http://www.kodiakcakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Powercakes-label-253x1024.jpg

These are pretty tasty. High protein pancakes. Just add fresh blueberries.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Am I the only one who uses berry syrups or fruit jam on pancakes? :open_mouth:

Blueberry2-500x500.jpg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Kodiak Cake mix plus milk plus vanilla plus blueberries

Yesssss.

I love Kodiak Power Cakes! High protein pancake mix in a large container that is much less costly than other protein pancake mixes on the market, very delicious, and super simple & quick to make!
    I recommend these!
    Target has them ;)