How confusion quickly turned into a NSV! Wall of Text Warning!

Options
forme1415
forme1415 Posts: 9 Member
Hey all,

First time posting on here, I have been at it for 99 days (100 day streak on MFP tomorrow!!) and have lost 58 pounds. Things are going great and for the first time in my life I can see myself being a "normal" weight at some point in the future. I have been big my whole life gradually turning into huge as I got older. I am very tall (6'6'') so I have always carried my weight well but a little over three months ago I woke up one morning and something in my brain had just clicked. I have always known "how" to lose weight, but never had the motivation to actually do it for more than ~30 days at a time. I have realized that there is a massive difference between thinking you want something and legitimately wanting/needing it. When you think you want something, such as to lose weight, it is very easy to convince yourself of how badly you want it. You think about it non-stop, read different things online, watch documentaries about the subject and just get super motivated.

But , if you are like me, that motivation disappears anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 days later and I convince myself that I'm not really that fat or that I can start tomorrow or even thinking that life is short and if stuffing my face is what makes me happy, then I should do it. Sound familiar? I know it does to me. This is the state of mind I went back and forth with for at least 10 years. Knowing that I needed to lose weight, and alot of it at that, but never having the motivation to stick with it. This changed when I woke up that faithful morning. I have no idea what clicked during my sleep that night, but I woke up that morning and threw out all the *kitten* food I had, told my family of my intentions (for a real-life support system and to keep me in check), downloaded MFP and have not looked back since. I have no doubt in my mind that this is THE time. This is the time I take my life back. This is the time that I get to be selfish. This is the time that nobody, even myself, will stop me on the way to my goal. I encourage any of you to add me as a friend on MFP and join me in this journey!

And so, after my wall of text, here is my first significant NSV. I put on a pair of jeans that I had not worn in at least 6 months and I was excited to see how much room I had in the waist after losing 58 pounds so far. I was slightly surprised to see ~4 inches of room around my waistband on jeans that used to be so tight they would cut me. Great! More than I even expected! But the real NSV came when I left the house. I put on my shoes and started walking to my truck and I noticed I had a good 2-3'' of pant leg curling under my shoes forcing me to walk on them/fray them. These jeans used to sit right on top of my shoes and I was pretty sure I had not shrunken to 6'2'', so I stood there befuddled. It seems I have gained a few inches of length in my jeans in addition to the 4'' of waist, I am assuming I got the extra length due to my thighs/*kitten* taking up much less room horizontally; allowing the pant to stretch more vertically. Maybe not the biggest deal to everybody, but this was my first NSV that really gave me a boost to my confidence in my plan/lifestyle change. Sorry for the wall of text, just figured it was time to introduce myself and share my NSV! Add me on MFP!

Replies

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Good work! I totally get the length thing. When I gain weight, it goes straight to my thighs, and all my skirts/pants hike up too much. I'm finally wearing certain dresses to work again because it no longer looks inappropriate. :X
  • ShastaOC
    ShastaOC Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's an incredible accomplishment.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • musicmom116
    musicmom116 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :)
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    :smile: This made me smile, because I can tell how happy and excited you are. Great work on your loss, I hope you stay motivated.
  • Pooh973
    Pooh973 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • forme1415
    Options
    Thank all! I love this community!
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! When you're losing weight, you know that you're losing, but moments like this truly help you to see the difference in yourself and make you feel pretty awesome. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story. Very inspiring. I will send you a friend request as I need others that are really ready to turn their lives around on my side
  • forme1415
    Options
    Sounds great! Add me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!