What are you reading??

Options

Replies

• jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    first outlander book, just finished watching the series.
  • HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Finding Me: A Decade of Darkness, A life Recleamed by Michelle Knight, one of the survivors of the Cleveland abduction. It's horrific and unimaginable what she went through and survived. I think I would've provoked that monster Castro to kill me rather than live through that torture for 11 years.
  • goodideabear
    goodideabear Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    PewterSky wrote: »
    I'm currently reading (at a snail's pace I might add)

The Graveyard Book and American Gods by Neil Gaiman

The Chocolate Moose Motive by JoAnna Carl (Might drop this one, only a few pages in and hasn't interested me much...it's a cosy mystery)

Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor which is the third book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. I quite liked the first two books, hoping this one is good too!

I've only read the first book in the Outlander series, I might continue it once again. For now, I'm enjoying watching the TV series.

Yay! Love me some Neil. I just bought a ticket to see him when he comes to long beach this year <3
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Tess Gerritsen's "Body Double".

Went to a Lifeline Bookfest on the weekend and scored 6 pre-loved paperbacks for ten bucks. Cannot wait to start reading them (mix of Jeffrey Archer, James Patterson and Jeffrey Deaver books).

Love crime novels.
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    at the moment Im rereading les aventures d'alice au pays des merveilles
    and a short story series called end storm
    and an archeology textbook for school,
  • go4me1
    go4me1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    "The Twelve" by Justin Cronin,
    sequel to "The Passage"
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Recently finished:

"Running Like A Girl" by Alexandra Heminsley
    "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" by Laini Taylor
    "The Naked Lady Who Stood On Her Head" by Gary Small and Gigi Vorgan

Reading:

"Grace's Guide: The Art of Pretending to be a Grown-Up" by Grace Helbig
    "The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
    "The Selected Poems of Paul Lawrence Dunbar"

• worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    How I got this way by Patrick McManus. I always like the stories with Rancid Crabtree best.
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm reading two books right now. Book Five of Game of Thrones and The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Girl on the Train and "City of Thieves". Both were very good. Just started The White Tiger on audiobook, but the reader is a little annoying so I'm having trouble getting into it.
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    suzreen wrote: »
    I just finished The Girl on the Train and "City of Thieves". Both were very good. Just started The White Tiger on audiobook, but the reader is a little annoying so I'm having trouble getting into it.
    Been meaning to check out City of Thieves, is it an easy read?

I finished "Horns" by Joe Hill a while back, now reading Heart-shaped Box. Seems alright. King's son is definitely better at ending his books than he is, so far anyway.
  • zippym67
    zippym67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The Climb - Chris Froome ...just got it for a holiday read :)
  • suzreen
    Options
    I read Nos4a2, it was good! I did also love Horns and Heart Shaped box. Hey, you Joe Hill fans -- have you read 20th century ghosts? There is a story in there about a kidnapped kid on a telephone that I really liked...
  • suzreen
    Options
    Jesmoko wrote: »
    Been meaning to check out City of Thieves, is it an easy read?

I finished "Horns" by Joe Hill a while back, now reading Heart-shaped Box. Seems alright. King's son is definitely better at ending his books than he is, so far anyway.

I thought it was, but I had it as an audio book. Sometimes with the audio books, the reader is distracting or annoying. The reader for City of Thieves was AWESOME.

• macr0babe
    macr0babe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Um... Harry Potter fanfiction... :blush:
  • suzreen
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    I read Nos4a2, it was good! I did also love Horns and Heart Shaped box. Hey, you Joe Hill fans -- have you read 20th century ghosts? There is a story in there about a kidnapped kid on a telephone that I really liked...

was that the collection with the one about the boy who turned into a giant locust or something and started eating half the townspeople?

It is -- did you like that one?