What is your fitness and diet profile look like? How are you progressing?

Options
tlerias
tlerias Posts: 17 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I am 5'2 and I currently weigh 120 lbs, looking to lose body fat % and gain some muscle definition. Outside of working out, I have a fairly sedentary lifestyle other than walking to and from work (30 mins in each direction). I do heated power vinyasa yoga once a week, lift weights 1-2 times a week, and run twice a week totaling on average 10 miles a week (some days I run 3 or 4 miles, other days I run 5 or 6). I don't want to go too hard to quickly with the fitness and plan on ramping up my exercise plan in the future. MPF has me set at 1200 calories a day as a base. I'm fairly new to this and this seems a bit low.

I was hoping to hear others fitness profiles and diet profiles to see how they compare to mine. Also, I would like to hear how you are progressing. How long have you been doing this? Are you achieving yours goals?

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose, that's probably not that low at your present weight.

I'm about the same and with moderate exercise (5K runs a couple times a week, walking an hour per day, a little strength training), 1200 calories barely gets me a pound per week.

If you're trying to actually build muscle, you have to eat at a surplus. All strength training can do while you're in a calorie deficit is slow down the loss of lean body mass (muscle), as I understand it.