Is today considered a binge?

Next month would have been exactly one year of being binge free. Now I feel like crap and totally helpless, like there is no one that I can call or share this with. I was doing so well and for some reason this week I have been off my game. I do not know what to do, do I continue eating like this or attempt to pull myself up by the bootstraps?

3-13_zps36d2da67.jpg

By the way I had 13 glasses of water and a 769 calorie workout.

Replies

• ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    OK, WOW!!
    Now pick yourself up, dust off your pants .
    Tomorrow is a new day.
    Forgive yourself for that mistake and move on.
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Yes. I hope you can get back on the wagon tomorrow!
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    It's just one day. Get back to it tomorrow! You said it yourself, you now feel like crap. Theres your answer.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Good for you for logging it all and taking accountability for it. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • emc916
    emc916 Posts: 77
    One day, no biggie. I wouldn't recommend continuing to eat like this though...
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Thanks everyone!

I did a serious 11.6 mile walk (1147 calories). I know it did not make up the difference but it helped me think and clear my head so I am feeling a lot better. I know for sure I will not be eating out for a bit!
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    hang in there, it happens... remember how well you ARE doing.. this is just a glitch in the road...great job on the walk though!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    While this is fresh in your mind, start writing about it in a blog on your computer (privately). Talk to yourself about everything that was going on that led to this day.

You will learn so much. These things are given to you as a learning experience. Most of us have been there. You'll figure it out!
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    This is a binge, but it's only one day out of your life. Beating yourself up about it will most likely not benefit you. I think the fact that you went 11 months without a binge is something you should be proud of. Maybe you can learn something about yourself from this experience. Hang in there :)
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Been there, done that. As Miss Scarlett says, tomorrow is another day. Considering the amount of success it appears you have had, this day is just a bump in the road.
  • sholubik
    sholubik Posts: 12
    Someone once told me, you just tripped on a step, you didn't throw yourself down the flight of stairs. This is one step. I commend you for sharing and tracking. I notice that when I get stressed, I do the same thing. My key is tracking, then I always ask myself is it really work it? Remember, nothing tastes as good as healthy feels.
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    I totally agree. I know people that if they make a mistake they won't log it. That's kidding no one but themselves. If you've been binge free all this time, you were just due ;) Get back to work tomorrow and don't be too hard on yourself.
    Good for you for logging it all and taking accountability for it. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    WOW!
    Thanks everyone!

I did a serious 11.6 mile walk (1147 calories). I know it did not make up the difference but it helped me think and clear my head so I am feeling a lot better. I know for sure I will not be eating out for a bit!
  • abbyreciouz
    abbyreciouz Posts: 50 Member
    IF I were you.. I wouldn't eat anything tomorrow... i know its unhealthy but one day of fasting would not do anything... think about it.
    if you ate around ur weight maintenance, I wouldn't say anything because eating at weight maintenance would just delay your weight loss... but damn.. you went TWICE as much as you were supposed to eat..thats cancelling your previous deficits..

like today, I went over by 1000 calories... my everyday net is 1200 so I'm eating just a breakfast tomorrow and then I'm not going to eat at all..
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    IF I were you.. I wouldn't eat anything tomorrow... i know its unhealthy but one day of fasting would not do anything... think about it.
    if you ate around ur weight maintenance, I wouldn't say anything because eating at weight maintenance would just delay your weight loss... but damn.. you went TWICE as much as you were supposed to eat..thats cancelling your previous deficits..

like today, I went over by 1000 calories... my everyday net is 1200 so I'm eating just a breakfast tomorrow and then I'm not going to eat at all..

Ignore the above advice, that is heading towards the road called Eating Disorder.
    You logged it, you know what happened. Move on, if you get hung up on stuff like this it will derail you.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Dust yourself off, see if you can figure out what lead to so much overeating and go forward ON PLAN. I would not suggest any punishments - over exercising and/or starving yourself. That just perpetuates an unhealthy relationship with food.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Yes. So you overate? It's fine you had a good workout besides the bindge. As long as you don't do that often you will be ok. You were honest with yourself and logged it down. Start over tomorrow, and keep up the water.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    I have never been diagnosed...but I used to eat like that A LOT - so I can relate.

Listen - it's time for a REALITY CHECK - you had 11 months binge free and you should be proud of that accomplishment. Another REALITY CHECK - no one is perfect, not even you. Forgive yourself (because you deserve it) and move on tomorrow.

Remember this too - you are using calorie targets that are a deficit already so your "bad day" isn't as bad as it seems. hang in there - you got this!!
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    O.O wow..... you have an amazing appetite. I think I would have puked if I attempted that. And yes, that is most definitely a binge at least by my standards. Wow. This makes my binges look like such insignificant little blips. When I binge its like 2700 calories. I think the issue is that it was clearly a special day. I mean, you got take out and take out food is special day food. If this is not a normal thing and you adjust the calories you eat during the rest of the week I am sure its gonna be fine. Its ok to binge on special days.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    It looks like you only went around 1,000 calories over maintenance. That's not too hard to fix. If you have figured out what sent you on the binge that's good. If you haven't well I think you can still address the immediate problem. Just increase exercise a bit, not by 5 miles everyday, but maybe an extra half mile walk a day and decrees your calories by 100 a day for the next couple of days, should be evened out in about a week or 10 days. If you haven't already gotten help for binging tendencies now might be a good time to do that. But, my guess is you might be able to self help with a journal. You are already logging food so this one can just be a journal to talk out what is going on in your life so you can recognize emotional/physical binge triggers.