Cinnamon Bun Flavored Protein Pancakes

Options
tatumlohse1
tatumlohse1 Posts: 19 Member
edited June 2015 in Recipes
I love this recipe that I found on Pinterest! I customized it a bit, you should give it a try!

For the Pancakes
-1 scoop of Cinnamon Bun Protein Powder (I use Optimum Nutrition)
-A table spoon of chia seeds and flax seeds
-half of a banana
-3 egg whites
-half of a container of a 5.3oz vanilla greek yogurt
-1/4 cup of quick oats

Mix all of these ingredients together (I use a mixer to make sure all of the ingredients are well blended) then cook them like regular pancakes! I also like to add a couple dashes of cinnamon and about a table spoon of vanilla, although it's not necessary, I just have a sweet tooth :p through past experiences I found that it is easier to make about 6 small pancakes from this mix instead of a few large ones. I also use coconut oil to cook them with.

For Icing
-The rest of the container of the 5.3oz vanilla greek yogurt
-a table spoon of low fat cream cheese
-a couple table spoons of coconut or almond milk (whatever floats your boat)

You can play around with the icing until it gets to the texture you want. I like to heat up the cream cheese and yogurt for a few seconds so it is easier to mix, then I add the rest of the ingredients. Add more milk if you want to thin out the icing. You can also add vanilla or a packet of stevia to enhance the flavor :)

Nutrition
Pancakes- Calories: 385, Fat: 8.8, Sugar:13, Protein: 39.2
Icing- Calories: 65, Fat: .6, Sugar:5.1, Protein: 9.1

I like to save these for the weekends because I usually have more time to make them. This recipe fills me up and I'm usually not even hungry for lunch after I eat these tasty treats :)

Hope you guys give it a try! Ask me any questions and let me know how it turns out for you! best of luck, happy cooking

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I bet the pancakes would have a much hardier texture with even 1/4 cup of flour. That's been my experience with protein pancakes.