Any chronic pain patients out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've suffered from arthritis for years and my joints are very hypermobile (I have multiple dislocations a day) I was also diagnosed with gastroparesis last year. Feel free to add!
  • bkscott5
    bkscott5 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I also have chronic pain. I suffer from migraines & headaches, disk problems in my neck, lower back disk problems, joint pains, arthritis in lower back & knees, below the knee leg amputation from osteoblastic osteosarcoma (children's cancer that I got in my late 30's & turning 40 & it was in my heal bone so it took drs over 2 yrs to find it from the time I started feeling pain) causes stump pain & phantom pain, I have some stuff in my lungs, ocular histoplamosis syndrome, osteoporosis, & I might have lupus. I am pretty much in bed all the time but I would really like to be able to workout somehow. The only thing I know that I could do is moving in water, but it has to be a very hot pool (like a spa but one u can move around in). As soon as my DH wins the lottery I'm going to buy a swim spa & solar panels to lower the cost of heating it & a swim prosthetic. Anyone who wants to become my friend is more than welcome.
  • longandpink
    longandpink Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    buling discs in my spine, sle, arthritis, sciatica. Put weight ON due to lack of exercise. =/
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have arthritis (and now apparently tendonitis) in both of my knees. Right knee was the first to act up but the left one is catching up! :( Started on the weight loss path summer of 2012 and my progress has been almost stalled since my knee issues started May 2013. I've been trying to loose my last 10 pounds for the past two years! At least I haven't gained but a few pounds back but would still like to get to my goal at some point. Main complaint is I just cannot exercise at the intensity level I know works best. I am a vegetarian, which I think helps me in NOT gaining a lot of weight back but actually enjoy exercise and wish I could just do things the way I used to.... I welcome friend requests and suggestions, as well!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Team Spoonie!

I have irritable bowel syndrome and hyperflexibility that causes hip and joint pain like you wouldn't believe. Lunges are my greatest nemesis. My knees also rotate inwards because of an over correction of my feet as a kid.

I'm trying to control my IBS with a low FODMAP diet and it's a bit you win some you lose some and I have prescribed anti-flammatory painkillers for my joints but it's not a perfect solution.

Lost just over 9lbs so far so it is possible.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I suffer from chronic pain from functional scoliosis and lost 140 lbs to reach a healthy weight for the first time in my life. The key was learning and focusing on what I could do rather than what I couldnt.
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started a group called Spoonies Unite for anyone who would like to join :)

Please join :) It can be a good place for us to talk about the hard times and celebrate the good ones. Not everyone understands that sometimes having a shower deserves celebration - so go ahead and join in and introduce yourselves! I've sent most of you invitations (I think). You just need to accept!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/107648-spoonies-unite
  • MaryAnnKingBauer
    MaryAnnKingBauer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I can relate to everyone's struggle's and certainly to days where having a shower is cause for celebration because I have been living with MS since 2006 and now heart disease. I get terrible muscle spasms and migraines along with incredible fatigue. I am struggling to lose weight but need to get it off for my heart. I would love to be a part of your group and learn from all of you and maybe possible help too :smiley:
  • sophiebuckland333
    sophiebuckland333 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Endometriosis, chronic back pain, chronic fatigue... fun stuff! Hard to exercise at times but we all do our best :)