Just starting! Yikes!

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Paul. I've led a pretty sedentary lifestyle for the last 20 yeArs because of my career. Well maybe I shouldn't blame it totally on my job. Let's just say that my job lent itself to my current predicament.

I'm overweight by about 60 lbs. I had a heart attack in November of last year and my cardiologist has finally Given me the go ahead to get well physically. So, here I am.

I bought thIs really cool gadget called add-on iPhone 6 plus and on it was this Health app so I started an investigation on what it could do for me. I was very surprised to learn that in conjunction with a heartbeat monitor, MyFitnessPal and WalkMeter I could keep track of all the important things to get healthy... And they all talk to each other! How cool is that?

Anyway, the journey begins today for me and my two dogs. (Yeah, I'm making them get healthy too, lol)

I look forward to getting to knowvsome of you. :)

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Congrats on surviving the MI!!! You can join groups or just have individual friends who will support you throughout your healthy new lifestyle. I wish you the best!
  • matthewtdavies
    matthewtdavies Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome Paul. I have a 60lb weight loss goal as well and started last week. Good luck and happy to be friends and share the journey.