insanity-pls tell me there will be weightloss

So folks...on day 4 of this insanity... and its tough as hell and i new it would be.....although i wasn't expecting to hear so many stories of weight gain...and no weight loss ..especially after 2 monthS of this......i work out Quite a bit anyway...because im still tryin to reach my target weight........so please people...please please please tell me that you have... and i will shed some pounds from this...

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I've never done Insantiy, but I know it's an intense workout. When you start a new workout routine your body floods those sore muscles with water to help cushion and heal them, masking any fat loss. It's not uncommon for people to see little or no loss during the first month of Insanity because of this water retention.
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    I finished Insanity a few weeks ago and yes, there will be weight loss. I gained weight in the beginning (that water weight mentioned) but I was losing inches and toning up at the same time. 4 days is nothing. Give yourself time and keep at it. You will see the scale move in no time!
  • fongsl
    fongsl Posts: 17 Member
    i've done insanity, and it works! just eat a good diet and your results will be best sight of your life.
  • jgaeta13
    jgaeta13 Posts: 5 Member
    Insanity is great! wait until month 2.....and it probably wont be dramatic weight loss on the scale but take before and after pictures and you will notice. I noticed after month 1.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Weight loss is less about exercise and more about diet.

Eaat the right number of calories and you'll see weight loss no matter what exercise fad you're enjoying.
  • emc916
    emc916 Posts: 77
    You will lose weight with Insanity as long as you keep your diet in check.

I lost 15lbs
    My fiance lost 20lbs

Definitely take before and after pics. Who cares about weight. What you want to focus on is body composition.
  • Ellliemai
    Ellliemai Posts: 10
    Thanks guys....just need the push on....that's why i joined
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Weight loss is less about exercise and more about diet.

Eaat the right number of calories and you'll see weight loss no matter what exercise fad you're enjoying.

tumblr_m17dcbHG3f1r5etb2o1_500.gif
  • aauraa
    aauraa Posts: 12
    insanity is great, i ve done it for a month, my body was toned but then something personal happened and i lost all motivation. and i am back from where i started. will start with day 1 again tomorrow
  • Rea1284
    Rea1284 Posts: 4 Member
    I am starting Insanity tonight...and I'm scared...haha

I cant wait. Before and After pics for sure!
  • Ellliemai
    Ellliemai Posts: 10
    Good luck with that.... DAY 4 ooo how much i love you...!!!!!