Breakfast ideas for work in the summer?

Options
David_2015
David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all

I wonder if any of you have any ideas about this. I religiously (can't function without it!) at work (Mon-Fri) always have a breakkie when I get to my desk at 9 of the Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Bigger Bowl porridge (298 cals with milk) and it keeps me full until lunch most days (sometimes I'll have a banana or cereal bar at about 12 to tide me over) but overall I find it really good to keep me full. As we've now entered June which means warmer weather (and apparently a heatwave about to hit the UK) I was trying to think of alternatives to have when it gets really warm that

(a) are around the 300 cal mark
(b) are easy to prepare and eat at my desk
(c) are slow release energy that will keep me full for up to 4 hours

Any ideas? In previous summers when I wasn't losing weight it wasn't an issue at all as I would have anything I fancied: high cal cold creamy coffees, pastries, sugary cereals, etc, but I am determined to find a good equivalent that won't leave me sweating from eating it....

All suggestions greatly recieved!

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    An apple or other fruit with nuts or cheese.
    Cottage or ricotta cheese with sliced almonds.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :o<3 oh this just tried pineapple cottage cheese !!mercy lord awesomeeee
  • SarahEllieIs
    SarahEllieIs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Smoothies! I have a banana, strawberries/raspberries/blueberries and 0% fat yogurt. You can pick up a decent blender for under £20.
  • David_2015
    Options
    Thanks for all replies everyone. I discovered Quest bars which seem to be doing the trick. Keep me full for at least 3 hours plus have sky rocketed the protein in my macros....!
  • CPhelps89
    CPhelps89 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    David_2015 wrote: »
    Thanks for all replies everyone. I discovered Quest bars which seem to be doing the trick. Keep me full for at least 3 hours plus have sky rocketed the protein in my macros....!

Intriquing! Where do you find them??
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I do a Premier protein shake from Costco and an ounce of walnuts. Keeps me good until lunch.
  • CurvyTeena
    CurvyTeena Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    CPhelps89 wrote: »
    David_2015 wrote: »

You can get them at Vitamin Shoppe, some grocery stores, and GNC. If not online on their site

• bobbiebrooks1
    bobbiebrooks1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I eat a wrap with Mama Lupe's Low-Carb Tortilla, 2 slices turkey, 1 Sargento thin slice cheese (any flavor you like), a handful of baby lettuce and a couple slices of Roma tomato around 8am. This is 170 calories, is full of protein and tastes awesome. Then around 10am I eat a Greek yogurt. Then I have some fruit around noonish, cut watermelon an apple or a banana, then lunch around 2pm. I like to eat small meals throughout the day.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I had this today and it lasted me from 9:30-1:30:

2ghv42lu09d4.jpg
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, protein powder, and fruit.
  • yrguide
    yrguide Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Overnight oats or muesli! Prep it the night before by taking 1/2 cup of oats and mixing it with 1/4 cup yogurt and 1/4 cup lowfat milk. Let it sit overnight in the fridge in a tupperware container. It's delicious cold.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Vitatop (lots of protein and fiber) and banana or other piece of fruit. I also drink coffee.
  • David_2015
    Options
    CPhelps89 wrote: »
    " wrote:

I'm in the UK so Amazon or eBay.