watermelon calories

Options
I dont know how much is exactly 100 grams of watermelon can any one pleasee post a picture to a 100 grams of diced watermelon ,,,,,thanks

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    why not just weight it on a food scale? since most of the time weights can be off depending on the sizes of the cuts and so on.just curious is all
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just know there are 28 grams in 1 ounce so 100/ 28 =3.57 oz
    That's how I convert grams to ounces.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
  • 460mustang
    Options
    Easy, just did a search on the net
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend getting a kitchen scale. You can get a decent one for $10 on Amazon. It may not matter much for watermelon since it's not calorie dense, but you will be surprised how "off" our eyeballing can be.
  • Lily2you
    Lily2you Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can get a good food scale for about $13 on amazon. Totally worth it.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Definitely invest in a scale.... It makes a huge difference.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I think if you eat a whole watermelon it wouldn't matter - wouldn't the watermelon calories be all used up digesting it?
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I still have the scale I bought while in culinary school. It displays BOTH grams and ounces. Handy little gadget to have around the kitchen.
  • nknjansen
    nknjansen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think if you eat a whole watermelon it wouldn't matter - wouldn't the watermelon calories be all used up digesting it?

No.

Food calories are "Calories", which are 1000 "calories", which is the unit of measure people use to perpetuate this ridiculous notion.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    If you're just going to eyeball a picture of 100g of watemelon, you may just as well use any eyeballing measurement (e.g., cups, balls, cubes, wedge, etc.) in the database.

Luckily watermelon is fairly low calorie that imprecision shouldn't do you in, but it does have calories, it's almost entirely sugar juice, and the pink/red flesh is not very fibrous at all.

• FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, no. :neutral:

Each macro does require some calories in order to be digested, but it's not significant (I think protein has the highest range 10-20%?). And there are no "negative calorie" foods. Even items listed at zero calories per serving may, in fact, have 4 calories. In the US, we like to have our calorie counts divisible by 5, so a few calories here and there may be missed.

• 460mustang
    Options
    FoxyLifter wrote: »

Each macro does require some calories in order to be digested, but it's not significant (I think protein has the highest range 10-20%?). And there are no "negative calorie" foods. Even items listed at zero calories per serving may, in fact, have 4 calories. In the US, we like to have our calorie counts divisible by 5, so a few calories here and there may be missed.

Interesting I had wondered, many years ago I heard that some food, particularly raw vegetables, were negative calories because they took more calories to digest than they had. It didn't sound logical to me, but I never bothered to research it.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    460mustang wrote: »
    FoxyLifter wrote: »

Interesting I had wondered, many years ago I heard that some food, particularly raw vegetables, were negative calories because they took more calories to digest than they had. It didn't sound logical to me, but I never bothered to research it.

Popular myth from a few years back. Yes, your body does burn some calories digesting and chewing but a) the amount of calories was definitely overstated and b) whatever calories you do burn during bodily functions are accounted for in your BMR/TDEE calculations. It'd be like counting the calories you use breathing, blinking, or rolling over in your sleep.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Agreed, get a scale. You'll want to weigh more than just watermelon (mm, watermelon!).
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    the OP is told by other members in another posting of her, to weigh her food and get a food scale.

But i guess we get to post pictures of portions of food she want to eat. So she can log it accurately. Because apparently she dont get a scale and it is our responsibility to show her portion sizes.

• salmaelbardissy
    salmaelbardissy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    460mustang wrote: »
    mttaj1we92i6.jpg
    thanks alott

• salmaelbardissy
    Options
    the OP is told by other members in another posting of her, to weigh her food and get a food scale.

But i guess we get to post pictures of portions of food she want to eat. So she can log it accurately. Because apparently she dont get a scale and it is our responsibility to show her portion sizes.

• salmaelbardissy
    Options

:*

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Now I want ice cold watermelon with some feta cheese and touch of mint leaves