• ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Removed
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I don't mind long workouts. I can pace myself. What I have trouble with is shorter, heart and lung, lactic-acid fests. The worst I have ever felt after a workout was after Crossfit Open 14.5/16.5, which was 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 rep scheme of thrusters and burpees (65# for women, 95# for men). My fastest time to date is 16:11 at age 42. The second hardest workout I ever do only lasts about 1:40 and it's 500 m max effort row for time. I swear I see the face of my maker during and writhe on the ground in pain for about 10 minutes after.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    15 min run, then running the stairs in our college bball stadium (all. the. stairs). Then 20 min of erging with our coxswain "encouraging" us. Fun times.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    A cycle of Smolov squats....I walked like I was in prison for weeks.
  • eriksen_ken
    eriksen_ken Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1000 burpees...
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Mentally was the 1st time I hiked 35 miles in one day. Physically was an anaerobic threshold workout/demonstration that I was naive enough to volunteer for in college.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I don't mind long workouts. I can pace myself. What I have trouble with is shorter, heart and lung, lactic-acid fests. The worst I have ever felt after a workout was after Crossfit Open 14.5/16.5, which was 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 rep scheme of thrusters and burpees (65# for women, 95# for men). My fastest time to date is 16:11 at age 42. The second hardest workout I ever do only lasts about 1:40 and it's 500 m max effort row for time. I swear I see the face of my maker during and writhe on the ground in pain for about 10 minutes after.

14.5/16.5 definitely was right at the top of my mind. Another hard one for me was Murph and the fact that it was so long made it even worse.

For those who don't know, Murph is as follows:

1 mile run
    100 pullups
    200 pushups
    300 situps
    1 mile run

Most people choose to break up the movements into smaller rep schemes to make it more manageable. But even so, it is BRUTAL!!
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Run a marathon
  • goffma
    goffma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The toughest one that i did was a series of body and weight exercises in a circuit. 8 exercises bench press, bicep curl, dips, side laterals, shoulder press, dead lift, press ups and chin ups. 5 circuits the first warm up. 1 minute rest in between sets.Light weight, about 15 reps each set. Killer!